Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2000 04:00

Dell Talk - What talk?

Don't know if I'm the only one but for close to the last two months I find it almost impossible to get into Dell Talk. Either it just won't display or if I do get in messages are missing or if they are there I can't read them and get OLE time out errors or some such. Several complaints to Dell have resulted in 'yes we know about the probelm and are trying to fix it' As much as I like Dell this is really starting to suuck. When a company like Dell can't get something like this to work right one starts to wonder. (hope this makes it through!)

491 Posts

October 6th, 2000 05:00

It makes you wonder if they give a d--- anymore -- as do the tired, defensive responses to fan problems. Maybe I'll just go to Best Buy the next time I need a computer.

The article Thursday in the Wall Street Journal said they were shifting resources away from the desktop market. Maybe this is part of it.

214 Posts

October 6th, 2000 06:00

I know exactly what your talking about....when you connect to the site, you might get just the top banner, and everything else stays white? Yeah, had the same problem. Or when you click on a post to read, it says those timeout errors? What will really makes me mad is when I actually DO get through, and try to reply to a post, I spend ALL the time to type it out, get things right, but it wont post. I will get an error message every time. It kinda sucked. I have emailed dell I think about 12 times now, each time copy/pasteing a different timout error message. A couple of times they replied with a simple "its your browser" and nothing else. You wanna talk about being P*SSED. Every single time I get an error message like that, it makes me more and more want to stop using this site.

I must through this part in though. I might get sooo mad at the office that controls this site, or the people who run it, but I must admit that dell has always been there for me with ANY problems I have had with my system. Loud Fan? Replaced it in two days. Software problems? I will show you how to tempararily work around it, and will ship you one right away. It got here in two days. Dell has sold me on a whole bunch of things. Like when I was purchasing my computer, the next day when they started to build it, the dell tech's called my home, and explained to me that the processor I ordered was not compatible. They gave me another one that was 100mhz higher than the first. And the same thing happened to the memory. For some reason they couldnt get two 128mb DIMM memory chips to work. They gave me one 256mb DIMM instead and assured me that it wasnt hardware problem. I am not saying that I love dell because of all this stuff I am getting, I love the service and responses I get from them. Like, did you know that when you call a dell tech, you can ask for their email address and actually ask them specific questions? At least then you know EXACTLY who is on the other end answering your questions. Dell is my number one choice.

(only thing that I would really like to see dell do is maybe lower their prices just a bit...other computer sellers are beginning to beat them on prices)

Andrew.

579 Posts

October 6th, 2000 13:00

I had the problem we all had a week or so ago But the forum I never had as a running problem described by the posts here. Maybe it is your system or phone lines. Any one else ???

9 Posts

October 6th, 2000 15:00

If EVERYBODY is having that problem, it is reasonable to suspect that Dell's site is the cause. But that is apparently not the case. Maybe the fault does lie somewhere in individual systems: browser, ISPs, phone lines, etc. I use IE-5.1 and connect to the Internet via a cable modem, and have never had any problem accessing Dell.
No Events found!