Highlighted

Dell Vostro 230 frozen on boot screen

Jump to solution

Hello everybody!

Today when I tried to turn on my PC (a Vostro 230), it frozen at the following screen:

Someone saw that before? What can I do?

Thank you everyone!

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: Dell Vostro 230 frozen on boot screen

Jump to solution

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi jacksonspiedade,

Welcome to Dell community!

There appears to be some problem with the picture that you are trying to attach.

May I know if your computer is stuck at the Dell logo screen or the Starting Windows screen?

Have you run hardware diagnostics? Refer the following link for instructions: http://dell.to/YFPMVa

Thanks & Regards
Kalyan S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US; India. For Dell support videos click Here.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply DELL-Kalyan S!

Here is the link to the image:

http://s14.postimg.org/vxpg566n5/Camera_ZOOM_20130807094023020.jpg

It's stuck before the BIOS post screen... I can't run any diagnostic

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi jacksonspiedade,

Try tapping the F2 key as soon as you power on the computer and check if you are able to enter the system BIOS.

We can also try switching on the computer after removing residual power:

1. Switch off the computer
  2. Disconnect the power cable
  3. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds
  4. Connect the power cable and switch on the computer
  5. If the issue persists, switch off the computer again
  6. Switch it on and disconnect the power cable from the computer as soon as the Dell logo screen appears
  7. Connect the power cable and try switching on the computer

Do let me know the results.

Thanks & Regards
Kalyan S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US; India. For Dell support videos click Here.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi! Thank you for the help! But that didn't worked... Keep freezing in the same screen...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi jacksonspiedade,

Let us try reseating the memory modules. Refer the following link for Vostro 230 service manual: http://bit.ly/YZOpTs

Please follow the instructions in the manual to reseat the memory modules. If the issue persists, try switching on the computer with only one memory module. Also try switching on the computer with same memory module in the second memory slot.

Thanks & Regards
Kalyan S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've tried that. I tried to use another memory modules too, without success.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi jacksonspiedade,

Apologies for the delayed response.

To check if the hard drive or optical drive is causing the issue, we can disconnect them and try switching on the computer.

Follow the instructions in the manual to open the computer cover. Disconnect the power and data cables from the hard drive as well as the optical drive. Switch on the computer and check if it goes beyond the Dell logo screen.

If it does, connect the power and data cables to the optical drive, and then switch on the computer. Similarly try switching on the computer after connecting the power and data cables to the hard drive.

Thanks & Regards
Kalyan S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I did that, and the boot keeps freezing on the same point... That can be a motherboard problem?

0 Kudos