Dell Vostro 410: Powers on for 0.5 second then turns off.
Currently, I am finishing my thesis. Unfortunately, I do not have any money to buy a new computer at the moment. I know this is an old PC (now actually 7 years). However, many parts were replaced along the years by Dell when it still was under warranty (motherboard, videocard, cpu, ram).
Now, I face a weird problem that seems to happen 80% of the time:
- When I want to start my computer, I can see the light turn orange for 0.5 second then it turns off.
- I can see a green light behind the tower. In fact, when I press the power button, I can see the fan moving for 2 seconds and then it stops.
- After pressing on the power button for around 30/40 minutes rapidly, the computer starts and behaves normally. (yes, currently that desperate)
- I tried removing the graphics card and use the integrated motherboard graphics. Same problem.
- I have NOT yet tried remove any of the ram sticks. Could this also be the problem?