Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2009 09:00

Dell Warranty

I purchased a Dell Studio 540 Desktop on eBay that was listed with 2 year warranty. The purchase was made on 09/02/2009. When i registed desktop with Dell to activate the warranty it showed that the warranty started on 03/31/2009. I called and was told that the warranty started on the day of purchase. Can this be right?

I gave the seller the service tag # and he was going to check it out, but never got back to me on it.

Thanks

14.4K Posts

You also may need to have the seller transfer ownership of the system to you. Go HERE

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

That's right--Warranty starts the invoice date it was originally purchased. Dell does not sell on Ebay. You get only what's left on the warranty. Ebay is a big garage sale. It's strictly Buyer Beware. You are lucky to have received any coverage at all. Many Ebay buyers don't. Any problems with the hardware would normally surface within the first year, so you should be fine.

69 Posts

October 17th, 2009 10:00

Thats what i was told, Thanks

69 Posts

October 17th, 2009 10:00

Thanks i did not have a problem with the warranty transfer because the seller had never activated it.

Thanks

No Events found!