Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2016 13:00

Dell XPS 2710 AIO - Blank Screen on Boot - No POST displaying - Can't access Bios

I hope someone can help. I have a DELL XPS 2710 AIO PC. It is now 3 years old (unfortunately the warranty expired 2 months ago). It now doesn't boot at all into Windows. I get a blank screen. This started suddenly on a restart.

I've tried many things. Removing the HDD and RAM. If I take the RAM out I get the double Beep RAM not found sound, so I know it detects that. I've taken the Motherboard batter out to try and reset the CMOS including switching the jumper. I've swapped the RAM around, plus tried with different HDDs. The Screen still works fine as when powered up with HDMI in it shows other sources, but the HDMI out doesn't display anything on other screens.

For the life of me I can't get the BIOS to even display so I can't check the settings or reset it!

I think things are loading in the background but I see nothing. If anyone has a similar machine can you tell me the button presses to reset the bios as I'll try them blind to see if it works>

Anyone else with similar problems or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2.3K Posts

January 12th, 2016 17:00

Please tell me you didn't install Windows 10 on it?

2.3K Posts

January 12th, 2016 17:00

Followup: does it sound like its booting up at all?  Hard drive(s) making noise or anything?

2 Posts

January 13th, 2016 03:00

I don't think its booting up. Not hearing any noise specifically from the HDD. I've tried different HDDs too, and plugging in bootable USBs, Both Win 8 and Win 10.

Have you seen similar before? Any ideas appreciated?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 13th, 2016 06:00

I don't think its booting up. Not hearing any noise specifically from the HDD. I've tried different HDDs too, and plugging in bootable USBs, Both Win 8 and Win 10.

Have you seen similar before? Any ideas appreciated?

If you installed Windows 10 on it, it mostly is bricked. Kaput.

8 Posts

January 18th, 2016 09:00

Ditto same issues. Just posted a lengthy reply on MS forum. Long story short it is not motherboard issues. I had A12 BIOS, WINDOWS 10 and system worked fine for few weeks and then black screen issue. After successful two long beep POST failure, I started hitting enter key and capacitive touch buttons in random order and somehow system shows dell logo and booted fine. Once booted change SATA mode in BIOS to AHCI, OPROM to NEVER and update intel and NVIDIA driver. restart from start menu restart button, no shutdown. system restarts just fine, but when shutdown it hard to bring it back to life again with same blank screen. Still trying to figure out A) why it boots fine if restarted within OS and not though Shutdown and start button. B) what are exact keys to press to bring it back to life, so far enter and capacitive touch worked for 5-6 times, but still not perfect recipe and this one time it took me 15 minutes of hitting them before I saw dell logo.    

9 Posts

March 25th, 2017 13:00

did you flash the BIOS eventually?  How did you do it?

No Events found!