Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2013 03:00

Dell XPS 2720 static noise/fuzzy sound from headphone port

Whenever i plug in headphones i can hear static noise. i've tried with many headphones and get the same irritating noise. can anyone help please? So far i am very unhappy with the XPS 27 it has alot of problems. 

Thanks for any help.

1 Message

December 5th, 2013 19:00

I have the same problem. I think they just didn't give the audio out port proper shielding. For example I hear more static when I'm moving my mouse around. Really disappointing since I wanted to use this for audio editing work.

1 Message

January 26th, 2014 16:00

I had the same issue and found a solution. In Programs, remove the RealTek HD audio driver. Reboot and the hiss will stop.

4 Posts

February 4th, 2014 14:00

Hi,

Thanks for this, it solves the problem however the normal speakers ie. no headphones plugged in ends up becoming really bad... so it's either terrible speakers or a hissing sound from headphones. is it the same for you?

Thanks

1 Message

June 14th, 2014 18:00

Am also having this exact problem as well. To add a bit of information, when I set the audio to mute, then the static disappears, but if I just bring the volume down to zero rather than hitting mute, the static noise disappears but is replaced by a 'scrambled radio signal' kind of noise. Definitely seems like an issue with the electronics inside the computer, which is worrying - any solutions from Dell?

1 Message

June 30th, 2016 05:00

SOLVED

I had the same problem. I had tried uninstalling the audio driver and reinstalling the latest audio driver from the Dell website, but this still did NOT solve the problem.

SOLUTION

Then, I tried updating the driver directly through the device manager. (I am using Windows 10)

1. Go to the device manager in control panel.

2. Click the chevron next to the "Sound, video and game controllers" section to show the devices in that section.

3. Right click on the "Realtek High Definition Audio", and click "Update Driver Software..."

4. A new pop-up window will appear and give 2 options

5. Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software". This will search the computer and internet for updated drivers.

6. If it finds a new driver, it will install it.

My driver has now updated to a version which is newer than the Dell.com version.

I hope that is helpful.

No Events found!