Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2009 13:00

Dell XPS 600 Motherboard

Hi! My motherboard recently died, and I'm looking to get a replacement for it. I was hoping someone could recommend me a nice one :).(one suited for gaming)

if it matters my old motherboard is a Foxconn LS-36.(Not sure if thats really what it is)

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 29th, 2009 13:00

Caldera3

Both the XPS 600 case and motherboard have proprietary features, you would find it easier to replace the motherboard with another Dell XPS MoBo.

Plus, if a non-Dell motherboard is installed you would need to buy a new retail, or OEM copy of windows, as Dell's OEM copies are tied to their BIOS and will not activate.

Bev.

2 Posts

September 30th, 2009 03:00

to be honest I really have no idea what I'm doing xD.  I was asking what would be a good choice for a replacement board that would be suitable for my gaming needs hehe. And the MoBo came with the computer :). A link would be appreciated however >.<

14.4K Posts

September 30th, 2009 04:00

As Bev mentioned, there is no motherboard you can put into your system other than another Dell 600 motherboard.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 30th, 2009 09:00

to be honest I really have no idea what I'm doing xD.  I was asking what would be a good choice for a replacement board that would be suitable for my gaming needs hehe. And the MoBo came with the computer :). A link would be appreciated however >.<

Caldera3

Sounds like it's time to buy a new gaming PC, check out the XPS 9000.

Bev.

No Events found!