Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2008 17:00

Dell XPS 630i Network Card internet issues

I recieved my Dell XPS 630i yesterday. I try to connect to the internet and it is giving me a 169. invalid IP. I know for a fact it is not my internet Ihave a dell inpiron 1525 laptop and the internet works fine. Its broadband plug in and play. (NO ROUTER simply modem directly to computer)

I was on the phone with my internet service as well as Dell from 8pm-4am back and forth internet saying its the network card and Dell saying its my internet company. So finally I speak with a gentlemen and he is sending out a tech to replace my motherboard. 

My thought was just to replace the network card. But in the XPS 630 is the network card intergrated in the motherboard? B/c it just doesn't make sense why they are going to replace the whole motherboard.

Have any of you guys had issues with the internet and the XPS 630? I thought it might just be windows vista home premium messing it and thought maybe if I played with the settings things would work out :(

any information would be helpful 

sandra

145 Posts

August 19th, 2008 18:00

I've had not experience any internet problems with the internal nic.  I even have norton internet security and all is fine.

Granted i go through a router (Linksys) and not directly from the modem.

So far everything with my 630 is working fine that i have tried.  Haven't OCed it yet, waiting till i really need to.

114 Posts

August 19th, 2008 18:00

Mine has sometimes problems finding the network. Why i don´t know. But it´s really anoying and isn´t cured by a restart or something like that. But there´s no errormessage except the normal one. The machine acts like i havn´t plugged in the network cable.

Everything has been checked and works fine, and all other computers and HTPCs works fine except my 630s.

No Events found!