Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2013 13:00

Dell XPS 8300 gpu upgrade issues with MSI 7950 and Corsair 600W

Hello, 

I yesterday tried upgrading the GPU with MSI 7950 and Corsair PSU 600W. I got all the cable connections correct. 

I see the motherboard fan running. I dont see any video feed from the GPU. Should i do any bios reset. 

What should be my next steps.

Thanks.

August 27th, 2013 14:00

Hi sharkhunter1981,

Did you happen to update the BIOS to the latest version before plugging the Graphic Card on the computer? Also for Radeon 7950 Graphic Card you need minimum of 4GB RAM on the computer. Do you have sufficient RAM in your computer?

Which port are you using to connect the Graphic Card to the monitor? Plug the Graphic card out and connect the monitor to the in-built graphics of the motherboard and power on the computer to check if you get any video or not?

If you get vifeo by plugging out the card, then try to update the BIOS of the computer to the latest version and then plug the card in.

Awaiting for your reply

August 27th, 2013 16:00

Have 8 GB ram available. I didn't use the HDMI but the other VGA port to connect my monitor. Will post the reply once I try your solution at home.

August 27th, 2013 17:00

Hi sharkhunter1981,

Sure! No problem. Take your time.

I would be waiting for your response and thereafter help you further with the issue.

August 27th, 2013 21:00

A sata cable was obstructing the gpU s fan. Got it resolved. Everything works fine. Is it safe to update the bios now. Do u have specific link from where I ca download them.

August 28th, 2013 10:00

Hi sharkhunter1981,

Oh! Nice to hear that everything is working fine.

Yes, its always safe to update the BIOS, but as a precautionary measure, we always advise our customers to update the BIOS to the latest version before adding any hardware to the computer.

You can go ahead and update the BIOS of the computer now too. Click here to download it.

Hope this helps.

August 29th, 2013 06:00

My Bios is already a version of A06. Thanks anyway. 

August 29th, 2013 11:00

Hi sharkhunter1981,

That's good to know! And, you're welcome. If you have any other issues or problems with the computer, please feel free to reach out to us here on Dell Community Forums and we would be more than happy to help you.

No Events found!