Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 12th, 2015 04:00

Dell XPS 8700 A11 BIOS Update

Hey there, so I was updating my BIOS from A10 to A11 yesterday within Windows 10 and it had managed to finish the A10 to A11 update, but then went on to do the second part of the update which I was not expecting. Said something about updating the ME but it went half way I believe and popped up an error message saying "Failed to update ME..." or something along the lines of that.

I still rebooted and everything still works fine. Tried the run the BIOS update again just to at least retry the second part of the update or firmware upgrade but now it just shows A11.

Can someone tell me what the second firmware update is/was supposed to be and how I can go about it? Or if someone came across the same thing and how they resolved it?

Thanks a bunch!

3 Posts

August 17th, 2015 03:00

I guess nobody had this happen to them then huh?

6 Posts

August 18th, 2015 15:00

ya same here going from a10 to a11 got an error message. ive an xps 8700 windows10. when i go into dxdiag it shows a11 did install.

maybe the second part of the update wasnt required by our systems.

1 Message

November 4th, 2015 18:00

Same issue here... still trying to research if its OK to leave it there and forget about it, or need to fix something and get this update completed.  If anyone knows the answer/solution, it would be helpful to post here.

7 Posts

November 5th, 2015 05:00

I've had the same issue, the BIOS gets updated but the Intel ME firmware doesn't.

You can fix this by flashing the bios from a usb drive, this way the Intel ME FW gets flashed aswell:

www.dell.com/.../EN

No Events found!