Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2013 06:00

Dell XPS 8700 VGA MSI 770 GTX Twinfrorz Replace fail

I was replace PSU Seasonic 760W Gold and system pass and boot with out no problem, today I replace  VGA MSI 770 GTX Twinfrorz and get 5 pip pip pip pip pip. I was remove cmos pin and reseat but problem is come back with 5 pip pip pip pip pip. Hope can have the help from anybody. Thanks you

1.5K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 10:00

Hi mathuattinhyeu,

The 5 beep code error in Dell XPS 8700 indicates RTC Power failure, which means that the CMOS battery has failed and needs replacement. As you have already tried reseating it, I suggest that you replace it and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to the Owner's Manual of this system for instructions on replacing the hardware components. Please follow the safety guidelines.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

34 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 15:00

Most probably you are using Win 8 and safe boot is enabled in BIOS. Change it to Legacy or whatever other option is.

1.5K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 16:00

Hi mathuattinhyeu,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

@XPSTester: Thank you for your valuable inputs.

July 2nd, 2013 16:00

Problem solved by change UEFI into off on Boot Mode, thank everybody

6 Posts

July 12th, 2013 20:00

Hey mathuattinhyeu,

Did that video card fit into your case well? Did you have to do any modifications to the cables at all?

I'm thinking of upgrading my video card later on also, but seems like there's a length restriction of the video card that we can install.

July 13th, 2013 17:00

@mrJcc : my VGA easy to fit into my case, modifications is not needed.

No Events found!