Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2016 15:00

Dell XPS 8700 gtx 1070 confirmed to work.

I've installed the gtx 1070 into the dell XPS 8700 and it work. Although it's a large card and some cords have a hard time reaching over the graphics card. Also the standard dell power supply won't work with the card since it needs 8 pins and the dell power supply only has a six pin connecter.

1 Message

June 17th, 2016 16:00

Are you having any issues with it in terms of temperature or crashes? Is it the normal or Founders Edition?

5 Posts

June 17th, 2016 16:00

you are the best

June 17th, 2016 17:00

He posted in the other thread mostly success until changing resolution in elite dangerous that shut is entire computer down. So far no idea if it is GPU overheating, CPU overheating, or compatibility issue..

Definitely goods signs though.

Are you drivers up to date? What does you windows event logger say for that time period when it crashed your computer?

You should also run a GPU/CPU temp logger while running games to get an idea of what is going on.

Thanks for the testing and confirmations on this card!

16 Posts

June 17th, 2016 17:00

Yes I have the normal founders edition and no windows had no message pop up when my PC crashed I'm not quite sure what caused it to crash but I'm going to my town and I'm going to by some stuff to clean the fans and buy ties so I can organize my cords better. Also

I'll download a program  that allows me to see my temps for my CPU and GPU and if it crashes with the temps down then more then likely it's optimization issue.

138 Posts

June 17th, 2016 18:00

Tim, thanks greatly for your report.

Which version of Dell system BIOS is installed?  (A10 or A11, presumably?)

16 Posts

June 17th, 2016 21:00

I'm on the Bios A11 and the PC seems to only crash when I change the resolution at the home screen of elite dangerous but does crash on any other game so idk it must be a glitch with the game itself.

46 Posts

January 8th, 2017 13:00

Hi!

Very interesting...  Sorry to bombard you with questions - but....

Did you ever get Elite Dangerous going ok on the 8700 and GTX1070 - and did you find something that caused the error?

Did you solve the pins+cable issue? If so how please?

Finally did you have any power/overheating issues?

No Events found!