Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2016 20:00

Dell XPS 8900 32GB R will not start Brand New

I just took the 8900 out of the box.  I get the Screen with the Dell Label in the middle of the screen and nothing else happens.  I have tried to un plug, and plug in other sources, nothing happens. I had a Seagate back up drive attached to usb port, I unplugged it, still Nothing.  Ant help would be Great.  Thanks ...

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 8th, 2016 08:00

Contact dell support directly. This is primarily a user to user forum. Support will help you troubleshoot.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 8th, 2016 10:00

I just took the 8900 out of the box.  I get the Screen with the Dell Label in the middle of the screen and nothing else happens.  I have tried to un plug, and plug in other sources, nothing happens. I had a Seagate back up drive attached to usb port, I unplugged it, still Nothing.  Ant help would be Great.  Thanks ...

Remember you only have 21 days from date of invoice to return for full refund. Time is short.

3 Posts

January 10th, 2016 06:00

Thanks and yes Your right I have 21 days to return it and purchase another computer not named Dell since I get No help from them. 

3 Posts

January 10th, 2016 06:00

It is a user forum and I am having problems with a Dell PC  that will not work  I am trying to receive help for. I have tried to call Dell and the help line.  Kidding Me ???

March 8th, 2016 14:00

I may be getting ready to return my 2nd. brand new XPS 8900. I worked with their tech support, replaced motherboard, reinstalled windows, same problem. Got a new replacement computer, same trouble. When I plug in the ethernet cable, the computer freezes. Sometimes will not boot. Wireless works fine. The new replacement computer worked fine for awhile, then went back to the same old thing. I can take the ethernet cable and plug it in 6 feet away on another Dell, no problems. No other computers on my network have a problem. I am totally frustrated!  Thank goodness that Dell stands behind their products with a no hassle refund or replacement. Good luck!

1.2K Posts

March 8th, 2016 22:00

if it does not work FLAWLESSLY out of the box, I would simply return it and demand a replacement ASAP.

No Events found!