This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2012 21:00

Dell XPS One 27

When I can buy Dell XPS One 27 in U.S?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2012 05:00

This is a (primarily) users helping users, with hardware problems forum.  We can't answer that.

You will need to contact Dell sales for that.

June 7th, 2012 14:00

Hi SmailkO

Welcome to the Community.

You can Purchase the XPS One 27 by visiting this link http://dell.to/KZ3VGG.

In Case of any problem you can get in touch with Dell Sales Team by calling this phone number 1-877-717-3355.

Thank You

67 Posts

June 29th, 2012 12:00

does anyone own a XPS One 27 in the meantime?

Anandtech.com reports of to much heat with Core i7-3770S (up to 97°C/206°F), overstrained noisy fans (up to ~48 dB)

under load and deactivated HDD temp sensors. :emotion-7:

Now the question is - was this situation reached with "standard" load situations like rendering, 3D gaming, etc., or

with unreal "hardcore" situations like Prime95 x8 Threads + Furmark? Any user experience is welcome, thanxx!

5 Posts

June 29th, 2012 17:00

I have one.  But answers to your question.

It couldn’t complete the boot cycle.  Bad sectors or corrupted files?  And with no recovery disk … .

I’ve been waiting for Dell to ship a replacement hard drive.  After not hearing from them, I called and found out – new model – backlog on drives – so they will ship me a complete unit.  I’m waiting, but I did ask them to ship me a Windows disk so that I could try booting the thing.  I figure they could ship a disk faster than they could ship a new computer.

In the meantime …, moving it from one location to another, I heard rattling noises.  To be honest, I was looking for a reason to look inside.  I did, and found three loose screws inside the unit.  Am I’m lucky that it wouldn’t run, otherwise I might have smoked it … and myself?  Well, I was taught, two wrongs don’t make a right.

5 Posts

June 29th, 2012 17:00

make that - But, no  answers to your question.

67 Posts

July 1st, 2012 02:00

deflating, even if not really an answer of my question - no one else using the new XPS One 27 here?

2 Posts

July 9th, 2012 05:00

Mine went back too after 2 weeks of waiting for a new hard drive image.  When I received it, bios was set to boot from SSD, which caused invalid partition table.  When bios was changed to boot from HD, windows would not boot or repair itself and with no included recovery disk, I was stuck. Tech support said since the XPS One 27 was so new, there was no ETA on getting me an hard drive image.  I ended up borrowing my buddy's XPS 17 windows recovery disk.  Reloaded windows and started loading the drivers.  When I loaded the Intel rapid storage device driver windows become corrupted.  Tech support said there was a backlog on even replacing it with another XPS One 27.  As my 21 days for a refund was fast approaching, I opted to return it for a refund.  From what I saw, when I had it running, the screen was beautiful.  Once they get the bugs worked out I will purchase a new one.

5 Posts

July 9th, 2012 08:00

Two weeks – wow.  My first unit arrived on the 19th.  I was told the new hard drive would arrive in about three days.  It didn’t, I called on the 22nd, and was told the exchange XPS One 27 would arrive within seven days.  It arrived on the 26th.  So far, the new one is working fine.

No Events found!