Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2015 02:00

Dell XPS8700 A10 Bios Bootup Problem with Asus GTX970 - Bootup Twice Required

I've decided to upgrade my graphic card to Asus GTX970 together with a bigger Corsair 760 watt power supply.

I have problem booting up because my Bios was A08, after upgrading to A10, I was able to boot up.

The problem is, sometimes I can't boot up, it simply shows a blank black screen, but the CPU is running. I have to press the power button to power down and then press it again to boot up, only then will the CPU boot up together with the screen.

Anyone with this issue? I tested with the original GPU and don have this issue, only with A10 Bios and Asus GTX970. Need to boot up twice. i tried toying with the bios setting, switching on an off legacy and secure boot and disabling many feature, but to no avail.

i think Dell needs to solve this problem, it is like the previous problem, this time only slight better but not resolved. yes, all of my drivers and formwares are up to date.

1.2K Posts

March 29th, 2015 12:00

1.2K Posts

March 29th, 2015 12:00

The post above got garbled into some odd character set. Trying again...

-------

It might not be Dell specific issue.

I've read similar issues on nVidia forums happening on several systems and different graphics cards as well.I remember some discussion about a video BIOS update for some of the cards fixing several issues.

GPU-Z available on techpowerup, will list all the internal details, http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

they also have a database of all the video BIOS updates for many of the cards.

March 31st, 2015 05:00

thanks for replying. i have the latest vBios installed. the reason why i suspect it is dell is because prior to A08 bios update, we get a blank black screen while the CPU is running. After the A10 bios update, we are able to boot up, but occasionally we get the blank black screen. Thus, it seems to me, the problem still exist, only this time we get random black screen.

No Events found!