rezoloot
1 Copper

RE: Dell desktop: complete blank screen after setting Secure boot ON and disabling legacy

Jump to solution

I tried your suggestion but the problem for me is I have a dell precision 690 and the options you speak of, down ten times is not valid at all, I did a dry test with my gtx 295 which works perfectly and nothing but lights 123 and a blank screen, really annoying me now as I have been saving a long time to get a descent card into the machine.

Thanks for the advice though

0 Kudos
dmramses
1 Copper

RE: Dell desktop: complete blank screen after setting Secure boot ON and disabling legacy

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a WS Precision T5610, change the boot to UEFI and no longer sends me video when I turn on, I tried to reset the Bios, but it stays the same.

thanks for your quick help.

0 Kudos
dmramses
1 Copper

Jump to solution

What would be the procedure for the T5610

speedstep
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

The 690 DOESNT HAVE UEFI BIOS and has PCI-E 1.0 SLOTS and therefore is not going to be compatable with any new cards EVER.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

speedstep
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

You cant have SECURE BOOT on with old or new cards.  Only the cards with certifcate in bios will work.

For any secure boot bios system it must be CSM ON and secure boot off and Legacy option roms on.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro