570thrasher
1 Nickel

Re: Dell email address

I do have the service tag number if needed. I tried getting help on the Dell technical support site. When I entered the tag Number, I was told the warranty had already expired. Since the warranty was expired I could not get connected to any online assistance or even an email address to ask questions.

0 Kudos

Have you booted into the Bios and checked to see if the sata HDD (hard disk drive) is seen? Have you physically opened the case cover and disconnected/reconnected the sata cable from the HDD and the motherboard and the power cord into the HDD? Moving this thread to the Desktop General Hardware board to get further advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
570thrasher
1 Nickel

SATA-0 and bootable add in cards appear when I check HDD

0 Kudos
faizalenu
2 Iron

Yeah, go figure, you can't get warranty service if your system is not under warranty.

0 Kudos
faizalenu
2 Iron

1) A BIOS Update is not going to fix a blue screen in most cases

2) Use BlueScreenView (nirsoft) to find out what is in memory when it blue screens

3) To get to PSA diagnostics, turn the system on the repeatedly tap the F12 key, then arrow down to "Diagnostics"

4) Report error code.  If you have a bad hard drive or memory, no point in updating BIOS.

5) Since your system is not under warranty, you will probably have to buy parts.  Don't call Dell Sales, report your system type and spec and get support here and purchase parts online.

Man, Microsoft should not give hardware advice.

0 Kudos
570thrasher
1 Nickel

I don't know what to buy, or how to save or transfer what I have.

0 Kudos
570thrasher
1 Nickel

Ran Hard drive diagnostic

SATA 1st master: Pass

0 Kudos
570thrasher
1 Nickel

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

The hardware is passing all diagnostics. This sounds like OS corruption. Your looking at doing a clean OS install. You could remove the hard disk drive from this system, install it in another system and copy the data off of it.

0 Kudos
570thrasher
1 Nickel

No device drivers found when trying to install

0 Kudos