Highlighted

Dell inspiron 620s

Can anyone suggest me a good CPU cabinet so that it can fit all the latest hardware components? I currently have a dell inspiron 620s slim tower and it is not capable of upgrading with the latest hardware.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Dell inspiron 620s

The mainboard, power supply,wiring, back panel connector and heatsink mount are all non-standard.  Even if you move those to a larger case, tackling all the on the fly engineering you'll need to do (including wiring and sheet metal surgery), you'll still face the limitations of a small mainboard that's not standard.

If you mean to build a new system, that's another matter - in that case, once you replace the mainboard and power supply with standard components, you can pretty much do whatever you wish to build the new system, freed from the proprietary nature of the 620s.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Indium

Can anyone suggest me a good CPU cabinet so that it can fit all the latest hardware components?

It's a standard slim mATX tower. Do you really mean to say you want a regular mATX tower chassis? If so, any mATX or ATX should suffice.

Some Dell chassis have proprietary wiring, but this is not one of them

The mainboard, power supply,wiring, back panel connector and heatsink mount are all non-standard.

Huh? The power supply is TFX, the mainboard is mATX, the USB and F-AUDIO headers are standard, and the bolt-on heatsink has a standard 1155 pattern. It's easy to move this mainboard into a new chassis.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Xenon

The board is easy but the pinouts of the front panel are not.  These are not documented.  Some dells do not have a heatsink mounting because its molded into the case.  When moving this means you need a new heatsink and mounting hardware.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Highlighted

I m not understanding anything.