Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2011 14:00

Dell monitor signal problem

This has happened several times now. where the monitor doesn't receive a signal from my desktop. I cleaned out the computer and put the video card back in place, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Funny thing is I restarted the computer after disabling AVG in msconfig and now this. AVG can't possibly be linked to this. And I don't think the video card suddenly croaked the second after I restarted the computer. Any suggestions?

2 Posts

Through Teamviewer I started the computer in safe mode. So it has to be working, just the video isn't working. It doesn't even have that square pop up and say that there's no signal though.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

This has happened several times now. where the monitor doesn't receive a signal from my desktop. I cleaned out the computer and put the video card back in place, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Funny thing is I restarted the computer after disabling AVG in msconfig and now this. AVG can't possibly be linked to this. And I don't think the video card suddenly croaked the second after I restarted the computer. Any suggestions?

dkopp1015

It would help, to know the computer model and the version of windows that's installed?

Bev.

No Events found!