Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2017 08:00

Dell optiplex 745 boot problem.

Hi guys, i'm newbie in dell community.

I have a problem with optiplex 745. I replace power supply, and now PC can't boot. When push the start button PC beep twice (1-1 code), lights on 1,2,3. I will make a video and will share in comment.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 19th, 2017 18:00

Can you confirm the Beep Code? It should be in a sequence of 3, like 1 beep 1 beep 3 beeps or 2 beeps, 3 beeps, 1 beep etc... Also when the system is showing 1-2-3 lit up does anything show up on the computer screen? Typically on 1-2-3 there might be some error message displayed.

If you're certain on the beeps, and no issues are displaying on the monitor, I would then try to boot up with minimal things plugged in, only keyboard and maybe 1 stick of memory just to see what it does. Lastly make sure you have plugged in everything to the motherboard.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you discover anything else.

Best regards,

Brad 

6 Posts

April 20th, 2017 05:00

Hi!

I removed both RAM and beep signal is gone. I put RAM on other PC and again beep signal, i'll buy new RAM.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 20th, 2017 08:00

Thanks for the update! If the RAM didn't work on another known good system then it should definitely be the issue, but if you have good RAM in the other system it might be worth a shot testing it to make sure the Optiplex boots, or if you have 2 sticks that are causing the beep just try 1 (alternating between the two, because it might be only 1 stick that is bad).

Regardless, good job on isolating the memory! I hope that is all this is wrong, but let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Brad

6 Posts

April 21st, 2017 00:00

It will take time to find the new RAM. I'll post when assembly the new one.

p.s. Sorry for my english, i'm bulgarian.

Thanks, Brad! Greetings!

6 Posts

April 21st, 2017 00:00

I read about Optiplex RAM, need 2 sticks (1 gb, 800 mhz) to work properly.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 21st, 2017 13:00

Thanks for the updates, and no worries on time frame. On a side note the system will work with 1 stick of memory but it will operate in single channel mode. It might be worth a shot if you have a good stick of memory to try it. 

Best regards,

Brad

6 Posts

September 27th, 2017 10:00

VIdeo card is "game over". At least PC running :)

6 Posts

September 27th, 2017 10:00

UPDATE!

Today i assembly the new RAM (2x1 Gb, 800MGHz)

When i press the start button, again the same problem. Then I disconnect additional video card and PC start normally.

I`m affraid to turn it off ! :D

What to do ? 10x

No Events found!