Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2013 04:00

Dell optiplex 790 case change.

hello,

i was wondering can i change the optiplex case with a cooler master one?

1.5K Posts

September 10th, 2013 05:00

Hi ironace777,

Yes, you may change the chassis, however at times certain component's connectors do not fit in the upgraded chassis as the chassis in which the system is shipped are OEM chassis specifically designed and manufactured for Dell systems.

The OptiPlex 790 system includes an air temperature sensor to measure the temperature of the air pulled into the system and adjusts the system fans using this sensor. You may notice an increase or decrease in noise levels from the system depending on the surrounding room air temperature if it is not correctly installed. The temperature sensor is located near the front fan on each of the chassis.

Note: Dell does not recommend upgrading / changing the chassis, but it is as your discretion in case you really wish to go ahead with it. Warranty per say, issues arising due to the upgrade will not be covered under warranty.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

1.5K Posts

September 14th, 2013 00:00

Hi ironace777,

Apologies for a delayed response as I was out of office.

Yes, the components are necessary for PC to work else, you might face some functionality issues. In case of air temperature sensor missing, you might end up facing fan noise and heating issues.

Please reply if you have any questions.

1 Message

June 19th, 2014 21:00

Sir,

I have Dell OptiPlex 790 MT (Mini Tower). I want to change its stock power supply with after market power supply and also I am thinking to change its motherboard. Actually I want to do this because motherboard has limit of max 35 watts on its PCI x16 slot and power supply is only of 265 watts. I want to install good graphic card (Higher End) so I can play games on it.

My question to you is that please tell me:

a) Form factor of mother (ATX or mATX, standard or not)

b) Dimensions of power supply (Length, Width, Depth)

Can I change these two parts in my Dell case? If you have suggestions of power supply (at least 500 watts) or motherboard please tell me.

Please tell me as soon as possible. I am eagerly waiting for you, reply soon.

3 Posts

September 10th, 2013 07:00

thanks for the information,

also are these component necessary for the PC to work?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 10th, 2013 09:00

hello,

i was wondering can i change the optiplex case with a cooler master one?

ironace777

Which version of the OptiPlex 790, do you have, the  Mini Tower, Desktop, Small Form Factor, or the Ultra Small Form Factor?

Bev.

3 Posts

September 10th, 2013 09:00

i have the mini tower.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

September 14th, 2013 01:00

It looks like there's a proprietary and undocumented front panel connector, so I'd say no unless you're willing to do some rewiring.

No Events found!