Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2005 16:00

Dell will not help with my new computer, just 3 days old.

HI all,
I am writing after such an terrible expereince with dell. i had a macintosh and I sold that and bought a Dell because I needed windows to do MCSE exam.

I recievd this new dell dimension, I plugged it on. It started and within minutes as it was configuraing itself. I heard a loud bang and the computer shut down. I restarted again after a while and spark were flying out of the power supply.
I immedeately conatcted Dell support and I had to wait through all those messages on the phone. Press this to go here, say your cunsumer id. do this and that. After that, I waited and waited for 2 hours and no representative came online.

I emailed them la_support@dell.com, then I emeled couple of more people , then after a few days, i emailed the guys with whom i was corresponding, when i bought the dell. I live in the caribbean and phone calls abrod are expensive, I have already spent 200 dolalrs on calls just waiting to hear a representative. I live in a small isalnd and phone calls abroad are 1.50 dollars a minute.So you can understand that.

I am still awaiting to hear from some one, it;s now 15 days.I am writing on this forum, if someone can help me.
I am sad I gave up my mac. I had no idea, I would be facing such a trauma with Dell.

Please help

4.8K Posts

July 10th, 2005 16:00

hdavy2002,

Call Dell Customer Service ASAP.  Not tech support.  Call the customer service (Customer Care) people and tell them that you want to send the system back and that you want a complete refund or a brand new computer.  Be firm, determined, and polite.  You will get a refund of your money and you can purchase a different computer or they will arrange for a complete system exchange.  You only have 21 days from INVOICE DATE to arrange for a refund.  This system should not be repaired if it has sparks coming out of it.  This is a serious safety hazard.  Do not let them transfer you to tech support to get it fixed. 

Do it today.  Write down the name and badge number of each and every person that you speak to.  Insist on getting the "case number" after each contact.   Document it...

Steve

Message Edited by BigBrother on 07-10-2005 12:45 PM

11.9K Posts

July 10th, 2005 18:00

hdavy2002 wrote:
HI all,
I am writing after such an terrible expereince with dell. i had a macintosh and I sold that and bought a Dell because I needed windows to do MCSE exam.

I recievd this new dell dimension, I plugged it on. It started and within minutes as it was configuraing itself. I heard a loud bang and the computer shut down. I restarted again after a while and spark were flying out of the power supply.
I immedeately conatcted Dell support and I had to wait through all those messages on the phone. Press this to go here, say your cunsumer id. do this and that. After that, I waited and waited for 2 hours and no representative came online.

I emailed them la_support@dell.com, then I emeled couple of more people , then after a few days, i emailed the guys with whom i was corresponding, when i bought the dell. I live in the caribbean and phone calls abrod are expensive, I have already spent 200 dolalrs on calls just waiting to hear a representative. I live in a small isalnd and phone calls abroad are 1.50 dollars a minute.So you can understand that.

I am still awaiting to hear from some one, it;s now 15 days.I am writing on this forum, if someone can help me.
I am sad I gave up my mac. I had no idea, I would be facing such a trauma with Dell.

Please help

Sounds like you bought from Dell outside the US?  You need to contact the Dell company you bought from. 

8 Posts

July 10th, 2005 20:00

Dell has many web sites for diffrent countries. I went to Dell Anguilla and used my credit card.

I did contact customer care and they directed me to technical support and i am still awaiting.

Here is my letter and correspondense with dell customer care.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mrs. Madhvi,

So sorry for the mistake i surely do apologize.

Archivaldo White
Latin American & The Caribbean
Dell Panama Customer Center
E-mail Team
www.dell.com/LA

P.D.: El presente correo no contiene tildes para evitarle al receptor
inconvenientes en su lectura.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Thank you sir, you are kind. I was on the phone and by the time I got
trhough diffrent messages, I had almost spent 200 dollars from yesterday. I
emailed them many times. My phone number is 1-264-7292591. I live in
Anguilla and it's very expensive to call abroad. I hope you undersatnd that.
I just feel let down.

I am keeping patients, I am Mrs by the way.

reg
Madhvi

>From: US_Latin_Customer_Care
>To: madhvi davy
>Subject: Re: hello and help (KMM17174509I21063L0KM)
>Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:35:00 -0500 (CDT)
>
>Dear Mr. Madhvi,
>
>I'm going to make contact internally and have some one to call you, within
>the next 24 hours, your request will be attended and your computer will be
>repair or exchange, but we need a little bit or your patiences, pls try to
>send and email to la-techsupport@dell.com
>
>thank you for choosing Dell.
>
>
>Archivaldo White
>Latin American & The Caribbean
>Dell Panama Customer Center
>E-mail Team
>www.dell.com/LA
>
>P.D.: El presente correo no contiene tildes para evitarle al receptor
>inconvenientes en su lectura.
>
>Original Message Follows:
>------------------------
>Thnaks for your email, I cannot get throught them on phone it takes ages. I
>have emailed them many times and no one replies.
>please can yoou do something like talking to them on phone, i am sure
>internally you can give me an email address of someone in that department
>who can help me. I am stcuk without a computer, I had a Mac befroe and i
>sold it for this one and here i am stcuk with a brand new computer that
>does
>not work.
>please help
>
> >From: US_Latin_Customer_Care
> >To: madhvi davy
> >Subject: Re: hello and help (KMM17170029I21063L0KM)
> >Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:13:10 -0500 (CDT)
> >
> >Dear Mr. Madhvi,
> >
> >Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care, and for allowing us the
> >opportunity to assist you in this case.
> >
> >In response to your request, we'll refer these email to our tech support
> >department. Also you can contact them at ext. 7484093 or
> >la-techsupport@dell.com
> >
> >Dear Mr.Madhvi, have in mind that for further assistance you may access
>to
> >our website www.dell.com/LA or write us back.
> >
> >Once again thanks for Choosing Dell.
> >Have an excellent day.
> >
> >Archivaldo White
> >Latin American & The Caribbean
> >Dell Panama Customer Center
> >E-mail Team
> >www.dell.com/LA
> >
> >P.D.: El presente correo no contiene tildes para evitarle al receptor
> >inconvenientes en su lectura.
> >
> >Original Message Follows:
> >------------------------
> >Dear sir,
> >My new computer with the tag number: GLDFQ71, I just recieved it about 5
> >days back. I started it and after a minute or so as it was installing a
> >software. I smelled some burnt wire and then I heard a loud bang. The
> >computer stopped and I saw spark flying out of the power supply unit. I
> >started the computer again after sometime to see- and heard the same
> >bang.
> >I think somethign got short in that.
> >
> >I am unable to do anyhting. I took it to the local technician, who is
>also
> >a
> >Dell certified and he told me that the power supply was defected and that
> >has caused the short circuit. He aslo said that the Mother Board is also
> >damaged.
> >
> >Please help. This is a new computer and its not even 3 days old.
> >
> >Madhvi
> >
> >_________________________________________________________________
> >Having a hard time finding a job?
> >http://creative.mediaturf.net/creatives/timesjobs/hotmail_TOL.htm Log on
>to
> >TimesJobs.com Click Now!
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Logon to MSN Games http://www.msngamez.com/in/gamezone/ Enjoy unlimited
>action

8 Posts

July 10th, 2005 22:00

I emailed Dell and told them that if they do not reply I will file a law-suit against them. This is so frustating, I am using my office computer right now. I wonder how many people get troubled like this.

When ever I write to anyone of them I get an automated email, with all that thanks.

I am hoping a Dell admin might look at this and contact the right authorities, it;s more possible internally, as they might have the right phone numbers apart from 1-800 where you keep waiting for that DA mn bit**** to stop saying the menu.

I am getting so frustated with Dell. If I have rescue I will post how it went through and who is the right to contact. Hopefully someone like like me comes across this forum and gets some answers after reading this.

11 Posts

you purchased a defective item... can't you just dispute the purchase with your credit card company. let them deal with dell.

4.8K Posts

tmaloneXPS,

You can dispute the charge with the credit card company if you did not receive the product.  You can dispute the charge with the credit card company if you sent the product back on an authorized RMA and can prove it with documentation.  You cannot dispute a charge for a product if you have received it and have not accepted a good faith offer by the manufacturer to make it right.  Even then you have to prove it to the credit card company.

Steve

Message Edited by BigBrother on 07-10-2005 06:49 PM

11.9K Posts

hdavy2002 wrote:
Dell has many web sites for diffrent countries. I went to Dell Anguilla and used my credit card.

I did contact customer care and they directed me to technical support and i am still awaiting.

First, you need to edit your message above, using Message Options, to remove all Dell personnel contacts which is a violation of the Terms of Service.

Second, Dell Anguilla is where you have to get your support from.  We can give you advice about credit cards and return policies, but none of that may be applicable to a foreign purchase.

370 Posts

July 24th, 2005 02:00

just checking if your issue has been resolved....

8 Posts

July 25th, 2005 13:00

Yeah, i did as i was sujjested in the forum, i emailed dell customer care with a stern message and they responded immedialtely and have send another pc to em, it;s on its way. I have aslo been told that I will get a 75 dollars back, lets see about it.
thansk a lot guys, i was so frustated. i guess a stearn message to customer care is the right way to do it.

11.9K Posts

July 25th, 2005 14:00

@hdavy2002 wrote:
Yeah, i did as i was sujjested in the forum, i emailed dell customer care with a stern message and they responded immedialtely and have send another pc to em, it;s on its way. I have aslo been told that I will get a 75 dollars back, lets see about it.
thansk a lot guys, i was so frustated. i guess a stearn message to customer care is the right way to do it.

Yup.  Glad to help.
No Events found!