Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2013 10:00

Dell xps 7100 Windows 8 Wireless keyboard and mouse issue

As the topic suggests,I can't use my kb and mouse during the login screen.I'm dual booting win 8 with win 7.

The Dell KB and Mouse (both wireless) work perfectly in Win 7/Bios screens.At the os selection Menu the keyboard or the mouse doesn't seem to respond for like 4-5 minutes.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers for both and reinstalled but it doesn't fix anything.The Windows upgrade assistant asked me to uninstall USB 3.0 drivers but I didn't since I thought that it would cause some problem with win 7

If I pull out the wireless receiver before booting my pc sometimes,it DOES work but very rarely.

A quick and FAST reply would be much appreciated since I need to get back to Win 7 asap.

And I've tried reinstalling Win 8 twice.Nothing has changed

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

One thought is that I would have clean-installed and not used the upgrade assistant.

I used Windows 8 with an Optiplex 960 (clean-install) and there were no issues. Then again, that was an Intel machine.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

You might try upgrading the drivers straight from the chipset vendor's site, if that's possible.

I'm thinking it may be an as of yet unfixed issue with the drivers.

13 Posts

I'm sorry for not making my post clearer.I didn't use the Windows upgrade assistant.I installed it from a Bootable DVD.

No Events found!