Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2001 20:00

Desktop Themes

I want to install the desktop themes and PLUS to my system but don't really know how to do this. I have the WinME disk that came with my system and the themes were in my control panel at one time but when i did a clean install they were never reinstalled. How do I get them on my system... I tried the add new software but it did not work. Any help would be great. Thanks. Jeff

Dimension 8100
P4 1.7
Windows Me
256MB PC800 RDRAM

18.8K Posts

September 4th, 2001 23:00

Jeff,

For the themes go to Start|Settings|Control Panel|Add/Remove Programs. You will find an entry for Themes on the Windows Setup tab. Click to select it, and the Themes will be installed from you Windows CD.

Want to make a hyperlink in your post, want to add a graphic or sound file, need to troubleshoot a non-working Java applet, want to build an attractive signature? These capabilities can be yours if you visit Denny's DellT@lk Tutorials.
For help in deciding what can be eliminated from your Startup list, take a look here.
Want to get rid of Network Neighborhood, change your Registered Owner name? Check out the little utilities at Delltalk Tweekz.
Ready to sign up for Web server space? Want to learn FTP? Visit Web Presence for Beginners.
For new users (or veterans who would like to help a new user), a number of basic Windows tasks are illustrated in Denny's Tutorial Viewlets.

Note: I do not answer Instant Messages but I do answer email.

59 Posts

September 5th, 2001 16:00

Denny,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried what you said but it wont let me do it. It keeps asking for a windows/cab or something like that. Jeff

Dimension 8100
P4 1.7
Windows Me
256MB PC800 RDRAM

18.8K Posts

September 5th, 2001 20:00

Jeff101,

In that case, you will have a folder on your hard drive called Windows\Options\Cabs which holds the compressed files for your operating system. When available, click the "Have disk" button and direct Windows to that folder.

Sorry, your browser doesn't support Java.

Want to make a hyperlink in your post, want to add a graphic or sound file, need to troubleshoot a non-working Java applet, want to build an attractive signature? These capabilities can be yours if you visit Denny's DellT@lk Tutorials.
For help in deciding what can be eliminated from your Startup list, take a look here.
Want to get rid of Network Neighborhood, change your Registered Owner name? Check out the little utilities at Delltalk Tweekz.
Ready to sign up for Web server space? Want to learn FTP? Visit Web Presence for Beginners.
For new users (or veterans who would like to help a new user), a number of basic Windows tasks are illustrated in Denny's Tutorial Viewlets.

Note: I do not answer Instant Messages but I do answer email.

59 Posts

September 5th, 2001 22:00

I have got to be doing something wrong, because everything I try results in nothing. There must be a file or something missing on my computer. I give up for the night trying to get this right. Jeff

Dimension 8100
P4 1.7
Windows Me
256MB PC800 RDRAM

59 Posts

September 6th, 2001 17:00

Denny, if you read this again could you please point me to a dell white page about desktop themes. I typed it in and all I get is something on win98 and not winME. I think maybe if I have something to read I might be able to fix the prob. I could not find anything at MS site. But I might be typing in the wrong thing. Thanks Jeff

Dimension 8100
P4 1.7
Windows Me
256MB PC800 RDRAM
No Events found!