Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 19th, 2013 10:00

Desktop won't properly standby

I have a Precision T3400 here that won't properly go into standby. When i go to put it into standby, Windows does go into its low-power state by shutting off the monitors and the power button will start blinking like it should, but the computer is still on. The CPU fans are on, hard drive activity is on too. And when i try to wake it up, I can't, the only way to bring it back is to hold down the power button and force it to shut down, because nothing will wake it up. How can i fix this?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 19th, 2013 12:00

Hi mknabster1,

Please update the video card driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then from 'Video' section, download the drivers required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know if this helps

173 Posts

May 20th, 2013 17:00

Hi Ravi, I did check for GPU updates on both cards I have, and they are both up-to-date. Also, this is a clean installation of the OS as well. Thanks

173 Posts

May 21st, 2013 18:00

You know what i noticed, that when i set the computer to automatically go to standby, and i turn all of my monitors off, it goes down as it should, even though when it comes back up, some hardware doesn't work, like the sound card for example. I'm just wondering if the Ultrasharps I have might be causing the issue. One i have via displayport and the other is DVI, then i have an NEC via DVI on my 2nd card.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 25th, 2013 04:00

Hi mknabster1,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please update the BIOS, Chipset and then the video card driver on the system in a sequence for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the drivers required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know if this helps

No Events found!