Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2011 18:00

Dimension 2400 Bios Update - Please Help

I tried updating my bios from A05 to the current A09 listed for the dimension 2400 (servivce tag:

Problem is when I try to run the utility in both windows and from a floppy, the update says that my "system is not supported."  I can only assume this is because the flash says it is for 4600C / 2400C.  Problem is that this is the exact same bios listed under both the 2400 and 2400C and is suppose to be compatible.

I am hoping someone has an earlier update A06, A07, A08.  And that it addresses this problem so I can update to A09.  I tried to contact telephone support, but India told me they couldn't help since I don't have the name of the original owner.  They could only link me back to my problem download A09.

My reason for updating is the cpu support.  I am trying to upgrade to a celeron processor that is supported by the later bios.  My current bios will not support.

Thanks

6.4K Posts

December 14th, 2011 05:00

Despite what you have found, the most recent BIOS for the Dimension 2400 is A05.  A09 only works for the 2400C.

Edit:  The trouble with the page has been reported and will hopefully be corrected soon. As noted, A05 is the most recent version for the 2400 so if you ave that already there is no further update available.  If you need A05 perhaps it can still be found on Dell's ftp site.  I am away from home on a tablet, but maybe another member will see this and provide more info.

4 Posts

December 14th, 2011 11:00

Thank you for your help.  I was hoping the upgraded bios would allow me to upgrade my cpu since it is 478, but it appears this won't be possible.

3 Posts

January 30th, 2012 07:00

I have the same problem. Thinking maybe I downloaded the wrong one, I went back to the dell site today and entered my service tag and now it says there are no drivers found at all for the dim 2400. I have 84 dell pcs and we are a non-profit. We still need support for our older dells. Please fix the driver download page for this model.

6.4K Posts

January 30th, 2012 11:00

The webpage manager has been working this problem for a while.  An update made in December caused the links for the page to be misplaced.  In the meantime, the following post has the most commonly needed drivers for the Dimension 2400.  You might want to consider downloading them and storing them on a USB memory key or a CD.

Dimension 2400 Drivers

No Events found!