Highlighted
AzTraveller
1 Copper

Re: Dimension 2400 usb driver

The Dimension 2400 comes with a single core 2.4GHz Intel CPU, supports up to 2GB of memory (this one has 512MB).  Even with the old 40GB disk (setting set to Bypass or Performance), it runs rather quickly.  I'd be curious to see what it would do with a faster disk.

The computer I have just restored did not have an original Installation Disk with it, only the Resource CD.  The Resource CD did NOT have the correct driver for the USB Controller, even though it contained a chipset driver, the XP distribution I had also did NOT have it, and Microsoft Updates did not provide it. 

I had no problems installing the driver I downloaded from the FTP site. 

No, it;s not a GAMER's Computer.  Personally, for the average adult browsing the Internet, I can see these being around for awhile, possibly with a faster disk and memory upgrades  ......

0 Kudos
tejpatel07
1 Copper

Dear sir,

I could not access my usb port,how can i access

0 Kudos
jackshack
5 Osmium

If the diagnostic lights on the rear of the computer are all green you can try correcting the USB driver by going to the device manager and uninstalling the USB controllers.  Once you restart the computer, Windows should find the USB ports and reload the drivers for them.

The USB drivers are a part of Windows, there is no separate driver download for them.  Provided you have Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3 installed, you also have the necessary drivers for the USB ports.

Dell Forum member since 2005

0 Kudos