Highlighted
NPIKyle
1 Copper

Dimension 3100 - Diagnostic Lights 1&2 but have no expansion cards inserted.

Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension 3100 desktop.  When I power it on, the power lights turn green, but windows does not start and Diagnostic Lights 1 & 2 blink.  I have already checked the manual and there are no cards inserted in the expansion slots .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: Dimension 3100 - Diagnostic Lights 1&2 but have no expansion cards inserted.

Hi NPIKyle,

Please try reseating the memory and check.

Please follow the steps from this link to reseat the memory of the computer: http://bit.ly/13hfpPn

Also check if the system is producing any beep sounds.

Kindly post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
NPIKyle
1 Copper

RE: Dimension 3100 - Diagnostic Lights 1&2 but have no expansion cards inserted.

Hi Nikhil,

I reseated the memory and tried to start it again, but still had the same problem.  There are no beep sounds, only a quiet clicking noise in time to the diagnostic lights blinking.

0 Kudos
NPIKyle
1 Copper

Hi Nikhil,

I reseated the memory but I still have the same problem.  The system is not producing any beep sounds, only a quiet clicking sound in time with the diagnostic lights.

0 Kudos

Hi NPIKyle,

Please reseat all the internal hardware components connected to the motherboard (RAM, Optical drive cable, hard drive cable, PCIe cards, Coin cell battery, Media card reader cable, power supply cables connected to these components). Follow the steps suggested from the link in my previous post to reseat the hardware components. Restart the system and check.

Please post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
NPIKyle
1 Copper

Nikhil,

I have reseated all the internal hardware components, and I am still having the same problem.

0 Kudos

Hi NPIKyle,

The issue appears to be with the motherboard whuch needs to be replaced. If the computer is under warranty, I would be glad to arrange a service on the computer. Check warranty status: http://dell.to/13VPd97

Please private message me the service tag, registered owners name and address.

To private message me please click my Dell-user name and click Send a Private message.

In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services.

If the warranty on the computer has expired, below link would help you in contacting expired warranty services (this is for US based customers): http://dell.to/VPYT4T

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos