schmotto
1 Nickel

Dimension 3100 - HIS X1550 uhm

Ok, still having problems getting this actually reasonably functional.

it works on this machin, but it is soooooo, slow

and the text on my desktop seems blurry.

im DL'ing a diff driver now to try but b4 I take this back, anyone got any ideas what I do wrong.

Basically, I disable the onboard driver in sys properties, then go into the Bios and make sure it on auto detect.

restart, plug in card, install drivers.

It does work, maybe even a little clearer when I login to Hero online to test it, but it laaaags so bad, much worse than onboard with my old 512 ram in.

I have read this card is good on older machines than this one so somethins wrong here.

Dell dimension 3100

2 X 1 gig ddr2 ram

P4 PCu with HT at 3.19 ghz

yadda yadda yadda

0 Kudos
4 Replies
7 Plutonium

Re: Dimension 3100 - HIS X1550 uhm

According to your post you "restart, plug in card, install drivers which tells me you have plugged in the new video card with the PC's power on - which can damage the card and or the motherboard.  NEVER plug in or remove a card with the PC powered on as damage can occur to either the card, the motherboard or both.  If this is the case, the card and/or motherboard is probably damaged and the reason for your problems.
Message Edited by fireberd on 08-16-2008 10:50 AM

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
schmotto
1 Nickel

well, no, that was kinda abbreviated.

I did indeed Not plug in anything without turning off the power, making sure to have no static, yadda yadda yadda.

still can't get this thing to perform tho, after trying some diff drivers off the net.

All installs, but performs very awfully slowly, nothing I can change makes it noticablly better.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Have you considered that the card may be defective?  I'd contact HIS and see what they say.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
schmotto
1 Nickel

waiting back on HIS advice.

Gonna go past the shop for local advice and maye swap cards

0 Kudos