Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2009 07:00

Dimension 3100 reset to factory- missing some drivers

Hi

I reset my pc to factory settings recently, but now only have 8 bit colour and can't change the screen resolution. I have managed to download the chipset, but it shows that I still need:

Ethernet Controller

Multimedia Audio Controller

USB-ADSL Modem

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I have also re-installed my AOL software, but it won't connect. Would any of the above missing drivers be the cause of this.

Any help would be much apprecaited

Mel :emotion-1:

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 18th, 2009 13:00

Georgefan

You can find all of Dell's drivers for the E310/3100 HERE

I believe you need the Ethernet/Network driver for AOL.

The drivers and applications need to be installed in the correct order, see HERE

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 18th, 2009 14:00

Thanks for this. I have accessed the drivers and downloads section, but I am unsure which ones I need. Can anyone confirm which ones to download and in which order. I will need to burn them to disc from my laptop to install them.

Thanks again

Mel:emotion-1:

Mel.

Use the link I provided, to find out the correct order to install the drivers.

Bev.

4 Posts

Thanks for this. I have accessed the drivers and downloads section, but I am unsure which ones I need. Can anyone confirm which ones to download and in which order. I will need to burn them to disc from my laptop to install them.

Thanks again

Mel:emotion-1:

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

You Hardware device manager will tell you what hardware is installed. You do need the Desktop System Software under System Utilities that must be installed first with the chipset drivers before you can install any other driver.

If you Reset to Factory using the Dell PC Restore utility you should not even need any drivers, just all the updates that Microsoft & Dell issued since your computer was new. If you reinstalled Windows, you do need all the drivers, installed in the correct order: Desktop System Software, then the chipset, then the video drivers, then all the rest.

4 Posts

February 19th, 2009 01:00

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for all your help, thanks also for the correct order Mary, much appreciated.

4 Posts

February 19th, 2009 02:00

I have installed the following drivers and corrected the colour resolution:

R105167.exe

R121089.exe

R125641.exe

R133743.exe

R143248.exe

R98291.exe

My pc says the modem is disabled and is unable to enable it: Intel 537ep V9X DF PCI Modem

I also have yellow ? against: Ethernet Multimedia and USB-ADSL Modem

Sorry to be so thick

799 Posts

February 19th, 2009 06:00

I have installed the following drivers and corrected the colour resolution: R105167.exe, R121089.exe, R125641.exe, R133743.exe, R143248.exe, R98291.exe. My pc says the modem is disabled and is unable to enable it: Intel 537ep V9X DF PCI Modem. I also have yellow ? against: Ethernet Multimedia and USB-ADSL Modem. Sorry to be so thick. Mel :emotion-1:

Hello Georgefan, it appears that the Ethernet Multimedia and USB-ADSL Modem requires the driver that came on the disk for the DSL modem.

You might try to locate the disk and install the driver from it, or download it from the manufacturer's web site.

The Intel 537ep V9X DF PCI Modem may indeed be working but since the DSL modem is not, you may receive the error.

As shesagordie suggest,  HERE  is the link for the drivers for the Intel 537ep V9X DF PCI Modem in the Communications section, the last three on the list.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!