Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2010 10:00

Dimension 8300 Nvidia GeForce 7600GT AGP 512MB

Hey Guys,

I wonder if someone can help me. I bought 7600GT Nvidia card and installed it, however my monitor won't turn on - it just stays black. I hooked up the 4-pin power cord that came with the card into power supply cables and made sure that integrated devices vide settings are set to agp(it was set to auto before) - but still no luck. I even tried to plug in the power card that came with the card into another power input on the cables inputs that come from the PSU. I still get black screen - monitor won't turn on.

My old PCI card works find, but this 7600GT does not. I did read from various forums that this card should work with 8300 Dimension's 305W power supply, but I wonder if I missed something?

P.S. Btw, should the fab on the video card spin when the card in the slot, but the power cord isn't connected - that's what's happening with mine...

Thanks!

9 Posts

January 12th, 2010 12:00

I am still having issues. Would someone please assist or advise?

TIA

1.7K Posts

January 12th, 2010 15:00

A lot of times on the older systems, the onboard graphics interferes with the connection and has to be disabled in the Device Manager.  As long as the 7600 GT is the only video card you have installed and it is seated correctly in the AGP slot and the monitor is attached securely to the card, it should work if you disable the onboard graphics.  Are you using the VGA or DVI connection on the card?  Try using the other connection if possible.  I will assume you know your monitor cable is good.  Reseat the video card and just in case, reseat your memory modules too.  Did you completely uninstall the driver from the older PCI video card? 

1 Message

May 7th, 2010 17:00

Did you ever get this fixed?  I am having the same problem.

BUMP

No Events found!