Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 27th, 2008 13:00

Dimension 9150 New Graphics Card Help

Hi all

I have a Dimension 9150 running a Radeon x600 Graphics Card that I wish to upgrade.  I was wondering what would be a good replacement card compatible with this PC. 

I want to do this quite cheaply but also want a card that can handle the new graphics (Shader 3 etc...)  I was looking at the Radeon X1650 Pro graphics card but really do not know if this is any good or even compatible.  I have PCI express connectors if this matters?

If this is not any good could anyone point me in the direction of a suitable graphics card for this PC?

I apologise if this question has been asked before, I have looked and searched the forums but to no avail. 

Any help would be most appreciated

Kind regards

LevTweeney

3.7K Posts

December 27th, 2008 15:00

Hi LevTweeny, HERE it's is only £39.99. Its were I got mine.

3.7K Posts

December 28th, 2008 07:00

HI LevTweeney, You get 2 sets of back plates, normal size for tower cases, and low profile ones for the slimline cases. Hope this helps.

5 Posts

Hi contrvlr from South Jersey :emotion-1:

Many thanks for your help I will look in to these cards

Regards

LevTweeney

1.4K Posts

Hi and Welcome.

The question has been asked many times and surely will be again so no need to apologize.

Your machine is equipped with a 375 watt 30 amp psu that is capable of powering some very good cards, look into the ATI 4850 or Nvidia 9800GT, the 1650 is pretty low end.

5 Posts

Hi RobinBredin

I was just looking at the ATI HD 4550 but it is a little pricey for me.  The cheapest I can find it is at £120 and my max budget is £80 - £90 so I was looking at the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB which is a little less at £87 from Novatech.

Have you heard of this card?  Looks OK so far on the review sites but it is always best to get the experts view.

Thanks for the advice though it is much appreciated

LevTweeney

3.7K Posts

Hi LevTweeney, The ATI HD 4550 its not a bad card. See HERE for the card, and HERE the ATI web site

5 Posts

December 28th, 2008 05:00

Hi RobinBredin

Wow that is a cheap price!  What does "Low Profile" mean?  Is it talking about the physical size of the component?

If it is smaller will this effect the performance of the card?  I have a normal size case so can fit most cards (I think)

How is it so much cheaper than every where else.  I tend to think if something is so much cheaper then how is this so...

But still it is a fantastic price and I thank you for the link, google didn't find it

Regards

LevTweeney

No Events found!