Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2013 13:00

Dimension 9150XPS400

I'm new at this and I'm not sure I got in the right forum plus I'm a Gramma so I hope you will cut me some slack.  I was given this computer by a friend who didn't pass along any manuals or original disks.  I bought some extra memory and installed it and everything was going fine.  Then I got suspicious that the previous owner might still have access to it somehow so I looked in the Control Panel and saw a program/driver with the name including the words networking and wireless, neither of which I use (I have a modem), so I deleted it.  Well apparently that was what gave me internet access as I no longer can get online (I'm using my old computer).  I downloaded the Win Intel Driver from the Dell site but when trying to install it, a message says this is a self extracting zip file which is part of a multidisk zip file, please insert the last disk of the set.  Does anyone out there have this disk you could copy and send me, loan to me, or ??  I would greatly appreciate any help any of you could give me--Thanks sooo much and Happy New Year!

1.5K Posts

January 8th, 2013 13:00

Hi BJPDRW,

I would like to inform you that you have mistakenly deleted the network driver for your system. You can download the same from the link below:

http://dell.to/13eQvhW

Please install the same and let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

5 Posts

January 9th, 2013 11:00

Thank you Sandeep but that sdidn't work.  Since I can't get online on the problem computer, I used my other one to download your driver to a flash drive.  When I tried to install it on the problem one, I get the same message--that I need to install the 4th disk from the set as it is a self extracting zip file from a multidisk zip file.  Now what?

1.5K Posts

January 10th, 2013 11:00

Hi BJPDRW,

This can happen if the file you have downloaded is not complete. Kindly download the file again and try the same.

Also, you can install the Winzip on the system again and then try to install the driver. Please check the link below to install Winzip:

http://cnet.co/dFF4c

If you still face the same issue then kindly provide me with your email address on a private message and we would send the you file.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 10th, 2013 12:00

Drivers for Dimension 9150XPS 400

View the full details here

Click here for all drivers (including historical drivers)

Quick Links

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 10th, 2013 12:00

"Then I got suspicious that the previous owner might still have access to it somehow so I looked in the Control Panel and saw a program/driver with the name including the words networking and wireless, neither of which I use (I have a modem), so I deleted it.  Well apparently that was what gave me internet access as I no longer can get online (I'm using my old computer)."

There are no standard wireless drivers.

DSL uses a PPP Driver if there is no router and this cannot be "shared" between 2 computers without a Router.

Dial up access is something else.

Network - Driver

Description Importance Version Released Supported OS Download
Intel PRO/1000 Network Connections, 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device, 825xx 10/100 Platform LAN Connect Device, v.9.6.31.0, A00
Intel LAN Ethernet Drivers
Recommended 9.6.31.0 3/30/2007 Windows Vista 32-bit
MS-DOS
Intel PRO/1000 Network Connections, v.9.0.15.0, A00
Intel PRO/1000 Network Driver
Not Defined 9.0.15.0 10/13/2005 Windows XP
MS-DOS

5 Posts

January 13th, 2013 16:00

Thank you Rockstar but I already downloaded that one before and it is the one that needs the 4th disk of the set as this is a self extracting zip file and part of a multidisk zip file.  I'm assuming this means the original disks that came with the computer when it was new and which I do not have.

BJPDRW

5 Posts

January 13th, 2013 16:00

No Sandeep, it did not work.  I downloaded the Winzip onto a flash drive and attempted to install it on  the computer that won't go online but when I  click on Open, it says Unable to download file--Cause: connection failed.  I feel like I'm going around in circles!!!

No Events found!