Highlighted
KrisBKreeme
1 Copper

Dimension E510 Media Card Problem

Hello! I have a Dimension E510 desktop and I'm trying to install a TEAC-CA 200 media card reader. However there is one small hiccup. The cable I received doesn't fit my motherboard. It is too large. One end fits into the media card reader just perfectly, but the other end is the standard USB 9pin header and there is nowhere on my motherboard to plug that in. There is only a "mini" 9 min connector, just like the one that is on the TEAC-CA 200. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: Dimension E510 Media Card Problem

I have an E510.  There is no USB connection on the motherboard in my E510 (it has the 0HJ054 part number motherboard).  Maybe you can get a PCI USB card that has the connector on it that you need.  Or possibly an adapter from the motherboard connector on the reader to a standard USB connector and then connect it to one of the external USB ports.  Those are the only options I know of.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos