Humphs11
1 Copper

Dimension E520 - computer displaying no of error messages when i log on

Hi All Need some help please - When I log onto my computer I'm getting a no of error messages. First one isDLACTRLW.EXE application error - the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click ok to terminate application. Another message is telling me ituneshelper is not installed correctly. And am also getting 3 net framework initialization messages. Any help 2 fix problem would be appreciated. Thanks humphs11
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: Dimension E520 - computer displaying no of error messages when i log on

Remove these apps from your Startup folder or files so they don't start up every boot.. Uninstall the itunes helper or all of itunes. You can reinstall if you want and see if it works OK. Open Task Manager to access the Startup programs. Disable the programs in question.

0 Kudos

Hi Humphs11,

If the steps advised by Mary G do not fix the issue. The operating system may be corrupt. I would advise you to run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the <F12> key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
  3. At the One Time Boot menu, press the <Down> arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press <Enter> to begin the hardware Diagnostics.
  4. Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.

In addition, I would suggest you to uninstall unwanted programs from ‘Add Remove programs’ in Control Panel.

If the above steps do not fix the issue then please consider reinstalling the operating system after backing up all the data.

0 Kudos
Humphs11
1 Copper

Hi

Ran the diagnostic - results as follows

Drive 1 - TSSTcorp DVD/-RW TS-H553A - diagnostics not supported

Drive 2 to 5 - no device

Not able 2 open task manager - everything is jammed.

Is best option 2 back up data and reinstal operating system?

Thanks

Hunphs11

0 Kudos

Hi Humphs11,

The operating system seems to be corrupt. I would advise you to backup the data and reinstall Windows.

0 Kudos