Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 6th, 2017 07:00

Display U3415W defect

Hello. Monitor U3415W. When i turn on the monitor, on a light background across the entire screen, i see divorces similar to streaks. After a while, they disappear. And so every time i turn it on. Where can I go to fix this? Ukraine. Kiev.
Thank you.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 6th, 2017 11:00

If it's under warranty, you'll probably have to contact Dell Tech Support in the Ukraine:

www.dell.com/.../Dynamic

11 Posts

September 6th, 2017 14:00

www.dell.com/.../Dynamic

This service doesn't work!

i.imgur.com/GpSnnNp.png

I translate message from russian "It is temporarily impossible to obtain the data of the service code."

11 Posts

September 7th, 2017 04:00

I found contact information in your link. Thank you. )

11 Posts

October 11th, 2017 07:00

Hello guys I need help!

The service center in my city does not see a problem in my display. And they say that maybe there is a problem in my video card. But it's not like a video card defect. Please watch the video in YouTube link. Perhaps you have already faced such a defect earlier and can professionally describe this defect. What would I have transferred to my service center.

https://youtu.be/_Ux3GmBWxKQ

These bands on the screen are visible a few minutes after turning on. After the display heats up, they are almost invisible.

Thank you.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 11th, 2017 11:00

Exactly what model PC and what version of Windows?

What happens if you connect this monitor to a different PC or a different monitor to this PC, using the same video port on the PC and monitor, and the same video cable?

Alternatively, if the PC has an add-in video card, remove the card and connect the monitor to one of the onboard video ports. If the problem goes away, the problem is likely the video card. If the problem continues, it's the probably the monitor.

Note: You have to physically remove the video card because most Dell PCs disable the onboard video ports when an add-in video card is installed, even if the monitor is connected to an onboard video port.

11 Posts

October 11th, 2017 13:00

i7-3820, 16gb, gtx1060, Windows10

I checked it all ports with HDMI and DP cables - The problem does't disappear.

I will check with another PC later, on this weekend.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 11th, 2017 17:00

Is this a Dell PC?

Did you check all ports on the video card or did you remove it and test the onboard video ports too?

Do you have the correct/latest video card driver for the gtx1060 card? Did the monitor come with a drivers disk, and did you install the driver?

11 Posts

October 12th, 2017 01:00

My PC is not a Dell.

It is don't have onboard video ports.

Yes I have correct latest version for video card and monitor. And  I checked on different drivers version.

October 12th, 2017 12:00

Do you have an adequate power supply feeding this system? It's a long shot, but it's worth checking.

I think RoHe has a valid suggestion, seeing if it is a video card issue and not the monitor by testing the monitor on a different pc.

Are the monitor settings set to something crazy? Do you have the monitor power supply plugged into a surge suppressor/UPS? I wonder if you have a wierd monitor power supply issue...

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 12th, 2017 12:00

Test this monitor on different PC or different monitor on this PC...

11 Posts

October 16th, 2017 06:00

I checked the monitor with another video card and on an Apple laptop.

The problem doesn't disappear.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 16th, 2017 11:00

So you're saying the monitor has the same problem in this PC with a different video card and with an Apple?

Have you tried a different video cable?

You may have a problem with your electric mains as Charles suggested. Have you tried a different wall outlet? If you're using a power strip, surge protector or uninterruptable power supply, disconnect those and connect the monitor directly to a  known good outlet. And try an outlet that doesn't have anything else plugged in...

11 Posts

October 16th, 2017 13:00

Yes, i tried hdmi and displayPort cables, the defects on the screen are identical.

I tried to connect the monitor to a separate outlet. Too same. :(

Thanks to you, I tried all the possibilities, and made sure that the problem is in the monitor.

I think I need to take the monitor back to the service center, and show my video showing the defect.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 16th, 2017 16:00

Hope they fix it for you...

No Events found!