Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2014 07:00

Displayport Problems Optiplex 9020

Hey!

I have some problems using displayport on Dell Optiplex 9020 (Haswell) with Intel HD4600. Directly after the installation (Win 7, 64 Bit) everything was fine. However since a few days Displayport gets no more signal when Windows log-in pops up (There is a signal bevore that). When I enter in save mode, everything is working. I have tried several drivers (from Dell and also the latest from Intel), all show the same problem.

My workaround at the moment is to disable Intel HD4600, then erything works fine (with windows VGA-driver). This obviously isn't a desirable solution...

Thanks for any help!!

2 Posts

April 28th, 2014 00:00

Have you had any luck with getting this resolved? Is it just a hardware fault with that particular machine?

I have the same issue. Setup a new Optiplex 9020 with Intel HD 4600 and dual monitors (1xVGA, 1xDP). Worked fine at first and the next day there is no signal to the display port.

2 Posts

May 27th, 2014 17:00

I've managed to resolve this issue on our Optiplex 9020s.

You need to ensure that your DisplayPort adapter is of type Active. These adapters are fairly expensive but are needed to get video out on the Optiplex 9020.

The DP adapters I was using were old ones which must have been cheap passive ones rather than active.

Hope this helps guys.

2 Posts

Interesting. I'm using Dell's own DP to DVI adapter, purchased with the machine. I've seen this sort work on other OptiPlex models. I'll be quite disappointed if they sell an adapter that they know doesn't work! :emotion-8:

2 Posts

I have a brand new just out of the box 9020 USFF and I can't get anything out of the DP ports. VGA works fine. Has the latest drivers from Dell and passes the diagnostic. Pretty frustrating.

1 Message

October 7th, 2014 13:00

I have couple of Optiplex 9020 too and I was able to determine that it is the DP-DVI (in my case) adapter....I am collecting those and getting them ready to send them back to Dell.

1 Message

June 16th, 2015 14:00

Exactly the same for me. VGA work, and none of the DP ports. I am using DP to HDMI cable as my monitors are cheap BenQs with VGA ann HDMI only.

Any luck of finding a solution?

No Events found!