Highlighted
jhkrasnow
1 Copper

Does Dell Actually Care about Customer Support? I Don't Think So.

I just spent nearly 2.5 hours on the phone and it ended with the call getting disconnected and the tech support rep claiming through the Dell Connect chat window that he cannot contact any of my three phones.  He then quickly spat out a ticket number through the chat window and ended the chat session, which immediately erased the chat history before giving me a chance to copy down any info.  When looking up service requests under my account I see no service requests, which implies it was made up and just a way to quickly get me out of his queue so that he can get credit for my case. Thanks Dell for wasting 2.5 hours of my Saturday morning and then conveniently hanging up on me.  This is why I renewed my XPS 730x support?  I'll be re-evaluating all my future Dell business purchases.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Does Dell Actually Care about Customer Support? I Don't Think So.

jhkrasnow,

Are you saying that your XPS 730x is still under warranty? Chat agents do not do outbound calling. A soft call (non-dispatch) chat or call will not show up under "service request". You should post your technical issues on the Desktop board so other users can assist you in troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
jhkrasnow
1 Copper

Yes my XPS 730 is still under warranty.  I didn't start my service request as a chat.  I called in and we did a Dell Connect while on the phone so that he can see my desktop.  Our phone call got disconnected and I gave him three different numbers to call me back at.  He then responded quickly in the Dell Connect chat window that he opened a ticket and then he immediately disconnected the Dell Connect session, which in turn erased all the chat history before I had a chance to grab the ticket number.  If I'm paying good money for Dell technical support why should I have to rely on a user community for technical support?  Shouldn't Dell be supporting me?  I'm having hardware failure of the sound and video card.  Unless the user community is going to send me new hardware components, then I don't see the value in engaging users.  How about Dell supports me with my hardware issues since Dell is contractually obligated to do so under the terms of my support agreement?  Just an idea. ok so I just tried calling in again for support and I received a message that all agents are busy and that I should try my call again later.  The system then disconnected me.  I'm trying to understand what it takes to actually get some technical support.  How many hours must a customer invest in order to get Dell to honor the warranty agreements?  Dell very quickly and efficiently takes our hard earned money when it comes to buying PCs and warranty yet when it comes to honoring a warranty agreement its teeth and nails to get Dell to assist.  Is the idea to stall customers as much as possible to the point where they give up calling Dell?  Just trying to understand how this system is supposed to work.

0 Kudos

All you can do is keep trying to reach Support via the links provided on this page.

0 Kudos