Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 18th, 2009 04:00

Driver for 6 Button Dell Laser Mouse (M-UAV-DEL8 P/N J660D )

Can anyone please point me to the driver for the above mentioned mouse please?

Background is that I took delivery last week of a Studio XPS 435MT.  But the 64 bit Vista Home system installed had no driver for the mouse.  So the generic driver recognised only the 2 standard buttons plus scroll wheel and speed changer. 

I have failed to find a driver on the disc provided, on Dell's site, or elsewhere.  Indeed, the only reference I can find on the Dell site is obscure: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/I_O_Devices/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=corp&sku=J661D

Now the reference there to Logitech may mean it is a rebadged product from them but it's not easy to see which one.

And the reference to J661D does not lead to much more.

An expensive phone call (for the UK Dell use a rip-off 0870 number) produced no constructive suggestions. 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 7th, 2011 18:00

Assuming you're using Logitech's Setpoint software, go here and read up on UberOptions.

This guy doesn't work for Logitech but he's been writing tweaks for their Setpoint software for eons. I've used his UberOptions tweaks with several different Logitech mice over the years to make them do exactly what I want them to do, not what Logitech thinks they should do.

My current MX1000 laser mouse has 8 buttons, plus scroll wheel and tilt scroll wheel.  Every single one of those is configured my way using UberOptions.

Right now, UberOptions supports Setpoint v. 4.80, which certainly isn't the latest version, but there are both 32- and 64-bit versions of 4.80, and links on the UberOptions site to download that version of Setpoint.

He's currently working on UberOptions for Setpoint v6.0, and you can download that version of UberOptions, but you'll have to manually specify some file locations with this version of UberOptions to get it to work with Setpoint 6.0  (all spelled out on his site), at least until he gets it automated.

Hope this helps.

Ron

398 Posts

May 18th, 2009 07:00

Have you tried loading the Logitech SetPoint drivers for Vista 64-bit off of the Logitech website?

That would be my next step.

May 30th, 2009 07:00

Thanks.  The Logitech s/w allows me to use the previous/next buttons for those functions.  But I still cannot configure the wheel click (nor change the side buttons to do anything other than previous/next).  The wheel click is not shown in the interface (although it is recognised - it toggles scrolling.)

Apparently Dell sell similar mice with pN j664d.  But there are no drivers for that flavour of "Dell Laser Mouse".

I know it's only a mouse but it's rather sad really - and could have left someone new to hardware issues more than a little confused.

1 Message

November 1st, 2010 02:00

Over a year since Last2Neurons post and I still can't find a driver for this mouse either.  It is still not on Dell's website, nor is it on the driver disks that ship with their latest computers (which come with this mouse) ...   I have other mice, but I sure would like to use this to its potential because it tracks better than any other mouse I own.

If anyone has found this driver in the past  year please let me in on the secret.

Thanks!

1 Message

April 7th, 2011 16:00

It's been nearly two years since the original post, and nobody from support has managed to take the time to respond. I'm having an issue with the same mouse. I think this will probably be the last Dell I buy.

23 Posts

December 18th, 2012 03:00

Thanks! It works perfectly!!!

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 18th, 2012 14:00

[M/N:M-UAV-DEL8]    [D P/N: K251D]      [P/N: 810-000765]      [PID: LZ952B315JR]

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

You should have a file called pnt64uw.inf.  Edit  this file in note pad and search for

Laser Mouse 6000.  You should find an entry that looks similar to this:

HID\Vid_046D&Pid_C063.DeviceDesc="Microsoft USB Laser Mouse 6000 (IntelliPoint)".  

Change the line in your file to match the one above and restart your system.  

It should then recognize your mouse.

Others Say this software works.  Never tried it myself. 

www.highrez.co.uk/.../XMouseButtonControl.htm

May 4th, 2017 12:00

I have one of these mice. I find the side buttons absolutely infuriating, they keep navingating to places I don't want to go when I touch them accidentally. I desperately need a dirver which can disable these buttons, I tried downloading Setpoint and UberOptions as recommended in some of these replies, but unfortunately I can't get Setpoint v4.80 to install in Windows 10, and UberOptions won't work with SetPoint v6. Does anyone know a solution for this? Come on Dell - you have sold me a duff product and won't provide a current driver for it. I'm getting to the point where I decide never to buy another Dell product ever again.

Thanks - Rowan

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 4th, 2017 13:00

I have one of these mice. I find the side buttons absolutely infuriating, they keep navingating to places I don't want to go when I touch them accidentally. I desperately need a dirver which can disable these buttons, I tried downloading Setpoint and UberOptions as recommended in some of these replies, but unfortunately I can't get Setpoint v4.80 to install in Windows 10, and UberOptions won't work with SetPoint v6. Does anyone know a solution for this? Come on Dell - you have sold me a duff product and won't provide a current driver for it. I'm getting to the point where I decide never to buy another Dell product ever again.

Thanks - Rowan 

Pretty old thread...

Can't blame Dell. Logitech made the mouse and put Dell's name on it. And it's up to Logitech to provide the driver(s).

Did you try installing Setpoint 4.80 in Compatibility Mode for Win 7 or XP? 

Or you can always buy an inexpensive 2-button mouse...

No Events found!