Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2010 17:00

Driver for Dell Multimedia Pro USB keyboard???

Hi Everyone!

I have an odd question.  I have a Dell Multimedia Pro USB keyboard (manuf # W875D Dell p/n 330-2486) that does not have all its functions working.  Mainly it is the volume control and multimedia controls.  Everything else works fine.  All of the dedicated keys above the F1-12 and the mute buttons work.  I have tried searching for a driver or anything but I can not seem to find anything.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you all in advance for the time and have a great evening!

Respectfully,

George D.

935 Posts

April 18th, 2010 19:00

I had a similar issue with my Dell Multimedia KB running WIndows 7 Professional 64bit on an XPS 435T/9000.

What I did to resolve it,

• Shutdown the PC.
  • Unplugged the power cord from the power supply.
  • Unplugged the keyboard from the USB port.
  • Plugged the power cord back into the power supply
  • Plugged the keyboard into a USB port.
  • Turned the system on.

All the multimedia keys including volume control worked again. If this doesn't work for you, try a different USB port. We would need to know your Dell model. Windows drivers work just fine with the keyboard.

14 Posts

April 19th, 2010 12:00

Keith,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will try it as soon as I get home.  By the way it is a Dimension 8300 running XP SP3.  Thanks again for the time.

George D.

935 Posts

April 19th, 2010 17:00

FYI... my Dell Multimedia KB was the older model.

However, I just received the new Dell Multimedia Pro KB like you have and while my XPS 435T/9000 was up and running WIndows 7, I unplugged the older model and plugged in the new KB. I had no issues using all of the keys including the multimedia keys.

No Events found!