moemailusa
1 Nickel

Drivers for my Driver Philips DVD-1 RW DVD 8701 need replacement

Jump to solution

Can't find drivers for my Driver Philips DVD-1 RW DVD 8701 no matter where I look.  Can anyone help?

Dimension DM 051 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Davet50
6 Indium

Re: Drivers for my Driver Philips DVD-1 RW DVD 8701 need replacement

Jump to solution

There are no drivers or DVD/CD players. The drivers are built into the OS. The only thing one might find would be firmware updates which should always be used with caution.

What type or problem(s) are you having

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

moemailusa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.

The Device Manager has a yellow circle with ! inside.  This is for both my cd drives.  The other one is a TSST corp DVD-Rom.  I callled Philips but they said they don't provide support and that it has to be through Dell.

moemailusa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Also, I deleted the drivers and rebooted, but the same ones are reloaded.  Tryied reinstalling but still get the little yellow and ! display.

Davet50
6 Indium

Jump to solution

have you recently done anything to the OS. reinstalled updated to SP3 etc.

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

Hanspuppa
3 Cadmium

Jump to solution

The Device Manager has a yellow circle with ! inside.

Hello moemailusa, This is a known issue and can be resolved by instructions from Microsoft.

HERE  is a link to the Microsoft site that suggest information to resolve this issue.

The procedure involves a registry edit, so you must be careful when you edit the registry.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
moemailusa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Yes, upgraded to SP3.  Thank you, I'll go visit microsoft.  Appreciate it.

moemailusa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Dear Hanspupa:

Your advice was right on the money.  The microsoft website that you recommended did the job.  Thank you, I appreciate it very much.

Hanspuppa
3 Cadmium

Jump to solution

Dear Hanspupa: Your advice was right on the money.  The microsoft website that you recommended did the job.  Thank you, I appreciate it very much.

Hello moemailusa, That is really great news. I know first hand, the frustration this issue can cause, since I re-installed quite a few operating systems before I learned of this resolution.

As I understand it, this is, or can be caused by some third party CD\DVD burner software, especially Sonic.

I have repaired several systems using this method since, without a fresh re-install.

I appreciate your update as it will help others with this same issue.

Thanks again, Hanspuppa

moemailusa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

You're welcome.  I thought someone could benefit from the feedback.

Now, I hope I'm not abusing your generosity w/the nxt question.  In dealing w/ my husband's Dell Dimension 8200, we had to replace the hard drive.  It was under warranty, but we bought a new one because Seagate's shipping requirements raised the cost of shipping the broken one to them to about $50.  And we were going to get back a refurbished one. 

The deal is that the 8200 was originally an Me upgraded to XP with a disk from Dell created especially for this purpose.  The Me program is working fine, except that it hasn't uploaded drivers for the PCI ethernet controller, PCI input controller, PCI multimedia audio device and PCI network controller.  I get a code 28. The prep DVD for upgrade to XP instructs to upgrade the BIOS before installing the drivers but doesn't say how.  The bios had been upgraded by someone visiting us to AO3 2 yrs before the PC broke down.  I've searched on instructions for BIO upgrades w/no luck.  Have you come across such instructions?  According to the instructions, after upgrading the bios I need to install new drivers which are in the prep DVD.  Then install the XP.

I requested instructions for this in another section of this forum but have received no feedback yet.

Again, thanks a lot

Moe

PS I know it is time to upgrade to a newer PC but with the present economy .... Besides, he uses it to check the lotto, the horse race forms, his checking account and his email and nothing else.