Not applicable

Dual Core processor for Dimension E510?

Is dell going to offer Dual Core processors for the Dimension E510?  Currently the fastest offered is 3.4 ghz.. Any plans to offer DC?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dual Core processor for Dimension E510?

Probably not, since the E510 is midlevel machine. They won't put the top of the line stuff in that machine (such as dual cores, 7800GTX, RAID hdd...)
0 Kudos
5 Iridium

Keep in mind these things ARE supported though. You can use dual-cores and the such, even a 7800GTX.
0 Kudos
5 Rhenium

i suspect it will become supported in a few months lol looking at what dimensions 3000 have they beat my 8300 in cpu now lol so you never know... i guess it depends on new intel chips and that doesn't look like a fast process lol so then again maybe not dell seems to change their series in a blink of the eye
0 Kudos
4 Tellurium

They keep going back and forth between offering the 6xx procs on the xps 400 and not. When the 5100 first came out, it was available with dual cores AND the 6800 videocard, making it a real bargain. As was said, these systems still support these features, they are simply not offered with them preinstalled.
0 Kudos
5 Iridium

The 5100C supports dual-cores. The 5100 never had the option. It did have the 6800 though.
0 Kudos