Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 26th, 2005 14:00

Dual Monitors on a Dell Dimension 4700

Hi am am setting up a Demension 4700. I have a 17" LCD from a main monitor and wish to attach a second 15" LCD as well. I have purchased a NVidia PCI video card that supports dual monitors. According to Microsoft if I set the on board video chipset to VGA I can use that to drive one of the monitors. If this is so how do I set the onboard chipset to VGA? If this will not work can I purchase a second nVidea video card and use that to drive the second monitor?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 28th, 2005 18:00

sonicwallz,

Is that video card a PCI or PCIe?

June 29th, 2005 11:00

It is PCI, and here's a new devolopment. I got on the phone with a Dell Tech support guy and he said to set the bios to onboard rather than auto. I did that and got a blue screen, but when I turned it back to auto, turned the onboard video card off, than back on I got both monitors to work. They work just as they should the problem is if I shut down, the onboard video card/ monitor connection does not work. The system locks up and I have to start in safe mode and disable the onboard video driver. Once I get it to come up like that then all I have to do is enable the onboard card and reboot to get booth monitors working. Untill I shut down again.:smileysad:

No Events found!