Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2011 10:00

E521 XP Home fresh Install (missing drivers disc)

I have went to the dell driver site and put in my service tag and its showing the drivers but I do not know what ones I need. I have been able to figgure out that I

Needed the R149798 driver for the Brodcom 440x 10/100 Intergerated Controller for the NIC, so I can get online but I can not DL anything beacuse of a missing DLL. So I called me ISP and they told me I can not download anything because I do not have all my drivers inslatted yet. I believe was told that I needed the PCI device driver to do so.

All help appreciated!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

November 14th, 2011 10:00

You must install drivers in order, starting with the Desktop System Software and Chipset drivers. DSS is listed under System Utilities on your model's download page. If you don't install those first, the other drivers do not install properly. Your specific hardware will be listed in Hardware Device Manager on your computer. Directions to install windows: support.dell.com/.../document

416 Posts

November 16th, 2011 04:00

Thanks biggest issue now is that I can not DL anything from Dell. I have uninstalled the DL manager and cleared the cookies and same problem

No Events found!