Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2017 15:00

EVGA GeForce GTX 650ti (1GB version) in Dell Optiplex 7010 Tower

Hello all!

I am attempting to get an EVGA GeForce GTX 650ti (1GB) video card working in my Dell Optiplex 7010 Tower.  The card fits quite nicely inside the computer, however when I attempt to install drivers from NVIDIA and EVGA (which I'm pretty sure are the same), my system crashes upon rebooting.  It tries to load the login screen, but the screen keeps going black.  

I assume it's a problem with the drivers because the card works just fine without them installed (I just can't play any of the graphic-intensive games I want to play).  I have been emailing NVIDIA support back and forth this week, but everything they have suggested thus far hasn't helped.  One thing they recently suggested was to disable the on-board graphics, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that.  

If someone could help me disable the on-board graphics/help me properly install the drivers, that would be great!  My computer is currently running Windows 10 Professional.  

9.4K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 06:00

Hi simplylogan93,

Thanks for posting.

Make sure your settings in your BIOS are set to "always enable" for the video card Configuration tab>video>integrated graphics device> set to “always enable” and depending on your bios, if it gives you the option then you want to do the following

1. set integr video to Always Enable

2. set Primary video to Intel integr

August 22nd, 2017 17:00

Thank you for your reply.  

I am unsure of where those settings are within the Dell BIOS.  There is no Video tab under Configuration.  Here is what my BIOS looks like:

drive.google.com/.../view

I have attempted to switch Video > Primary Display to always use NVIDIA HD Graphics, but it hasn't solved my problem.  

9.4K Posts

August 24th, 2017 05:00

What Operating System are you using, the instructions were for Windows 7, if you are running a different OS,  disabling the onboard video may not be supported.

August 24th, 2017 15:00

I'm using Windows 10 Professional (64 bit).  I was wondering the same thing.  I've heard online that the black screen issue may be caused by the audio drivers clashing?  I've attempted disabling the on-board audio, but with no success.  I disabled it straight from the BIOS, but maybe I have to disable it within the device manager as well?  Any advice would be appreciated.  

9.4K Posts

August 25th, 2017 04:00

At this point, you may want to consult with Dell Tech Support . You can contact them at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session at: http://dell.to/2v4snVm

August 25th, 2017 17:00

Okay, I will definitely consider contacting them.  Thanks anyway for the advice!

No Events found!