Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2011 07:00

End of life ( EOL) Desktop Models

Hi!, I just need information about the date of the EOL ( End of life) of the Inspiron 530  ( Core 2 Duo Processor E8400, w/Dual Core Tech and 6MB cache and frontal buss of 1333Mhz) Desktop Model.  I have tried to find this information but I could not obtain it.  

Thanks a lot in advance!

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

November 15th, 2011 11:00

Seems unnecessarily complicated - maybe to facilitate management and organization of assets/policies/procedures without an IT Manager?  Just glad I've not had to deal with this.  Good luck.

2.3K Posts

I`ll see if I can find out for you.

9 Posts

Thank you! Teddi ! so gentle

2.3K Posts

November 14th, 2011 08:00

The Inspiron 530, is at end of life at this time.

2.3K Posts

November 14th, 2011 09:00

I gave you the information that Dell -TerryB, a forum moderator gave me. If you had an announcement in May 2009 that it was superceeded, it was finished then. When the anouncement is made, manufacturing is finishing parts that they have and transitioning into the new model.

Feel free to to send Dell -TerryB a DM about it. He is currently on vacation and will be back Wednesday. Follow this link and on the right side of the page add Terry as a friend and then you can send him an DM.

en.community.dell.com/.../default.aspx

9 Posts

Teddi I know that.. but I really need the date that this happened.-  

Do you know wich was exactly the date of end of life?

Thanks in advance!

9 Posts

Teddi,

I found in the wikipedia that in the Dell's website on May the 12, that Inspiron 537, is a mini-tower desktop that replaces the Inspiron 530.  Don't know if that would be a sense of End of Life for 530.

Thanks for your help!.

Yours sincerily, Alvaro

9 Posts

Teddi,

thanks a lot. I will wait for other answers in case that someone has the data. You were so nice in giving your point of view. There are announces that superseed the model about may of 2009, but don't express the end of life.

Yours sincerily, Alvaro

2.3K Posts

There is no exact date that I can give you. Dell does not keep that in a database.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 14th, 2011 11:00

Intel does not keep making the same parts, same chipset, etc for 50 years.

Plan on 5 year life cycle.

3 years general availability and 2 years extended max.

2.3K Posts

November 14th, 2011 11:00

It probably would be the date that manufacturing switched over to the 537. When the decision is made to go to the next model, manufacturing uses the parts on hand and no new orders are taken for that model. If some one had ordered it on the website they receive an email stating the order is canceled or the order is being replaced with the new model number.  Dell does not have a lot of parts in inventory. As orders come in, parts are ordered and the PC is built.

12 Posts

November 14th, 2011 17:00

Dell does not keep tha t in a database.

9 Posts

November 15th, 2011 02:00

Thanks ifiness, I thought the same thing, but I chat with a sales person from Dell and he told me that he could not find out the EOL.

9 Posts

November 15th, 2011 02:00

Thanks Speedstep for the contribution, but I need the announced date of EOL of the Inspiron 530. It's for an internal audit work. I cannot rely on empiric laws, of course I have in mind the Moore's approach of tech cycles.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

November 15th, 2011 08:00

Having worked in several levels of Dell support for a few years (although no longer an employee), I can tell you that this is not something that is supplied to support personnel nor is it readily available internally to Dell employees.  I suspect a small panel of people in charge of developing drivers and firmware for systems sit down to analyze existing problems and decide as a group whether to keep developing fixes and upgrades for a system, and unless one of them are available to comment on the process and/or if there is an actual EOL "list" that is kept, we will never know.

We've had a few people ask over the years, but I still fail to see its importance.  What bearing can this possibly have on your audit?  I'm genuinely curious - I'm not nitpicking.

No Events found!