ariturburu
6 Indium

End of life ( EOL) Desktop Models

Jump to solution

Hi!, I just need information about the date of the EOL ( End of life) of the Inspiron 530  ( Core 2 Duo Processor E8400, w/Dual Core Tech and 6MB cache and frontal buss of 1333Mhz) Desktop Model.  I have tried to find this information but I could not obtain it.  

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

Re: End of life ( EOL) Desktop Models

Jump to solution

Seems unnecessarily complicated - maybe to facilitate management and organization of assets/policies/procedures without an IT Manager?  Just glad I've not had to deal with this.  Good luck.

18 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

I`ll see if I can find out for you.

Teddi

#Dell World 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017

0 Kudos
ariturburu
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Thank you! Teddi ! so gentle

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

The Inspiron 530, is at end of life at this time.

Teddi

0 Kudos
ariturburu
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Teddi I know that.. but I really need the date that this happened.-  

Do you know wich was exactly the date of end of life?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

There is no exact date that I can give you. Dell does not keep that in a database.

Teddi

0 Kudos
ariturburu
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Teddi,

thanks a lot. I will wait for other answers in case that someone has the data. You were so nice in giving your point of view. There are announces that superseed the model about may of 2009, but don't express the end of life.

Yours sincerily, Alvaro

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

I gave you the information that Dell -TerryB, a forum moderator gave me. If you had an announcement in May 2009 that it was superceeded, it was finished then. When the anouncement is made, manufacturing is finishing parts that they have and transitioning into the new model.

Feel free to to send Dell -TerryB a DM about it. He is currently on vacation and will be back Wednesday. Follow this link and on the right side of the page add Terry as a friend and then you can send him an DM.

en.community.dell.com/.../default.aspx

Teddi

0 Kudos
ariturburu
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Teddi,

I found in the wikipedia that in the Dell's website on May the 12, that Inspiron 537, is a mini-tower desktop that replaces the Inspiron 530.  Don't know if that would be a sense of End of Life for 530.

Thanks for your help!.

Yours sincerily, Alvaro

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

It probably would be the date that manufacturing switched over to the 537. When the decision is made to go to the next model, manufacturing uses the parts on hand and no new orders are taken for that model. If some one had ordered it on the website they receive an email stating the order is canceled or the order is being replaced with the new model number.  Dell does not have a lot of parts in inventory. As orders come in, parts are ordered and the PC is built.

Teddi

0 Kudos