Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2012 18:00

Error 814 Connection issues

Yes, I reinstalled Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron 503. Everything was downloaded including Drivers. When I try to log into the Internet.

It comes up with Error 814 : The underlining Ethernet connectivity was not found. Please install and enable the Ethernet Adaptor on your computer via the Network Connections folder before attempting this connection.

I am really not a expert with computers. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2012 19:00

Thats a problem. I can't log on to the internet. I am using my laptop.

2.6K Posts

December 2nd, 2012 19:00

Hello Chris,

The 814 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted windows system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or ad-ware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows registry. This corrupted registry will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

So, I would suggest that you Download (Error 814) Repair Tool.

This article contains information that shows you how to fix your windows 814 error both (manually) and (automatically) , In addition, this article will help you troubleshoot some common error messages related to 814 error code that you may receive.

Please write back with results, would be glad to assist further.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 3rd, 2012 11:00

'Error 814

The underlying Ethernet connectivity required for the broadband connection was not found. Please install and enable the Ethernet adapter on your computer via the Network Connections folder before attempting this connection. '

You reinstalled VISTA and DID NOT

REINSTALL CHIPSET

REINSTALL NETWORK CARD DRIVERS

REINSTALL WIRELESS LAN DRIVERS IF APPLICABLE

There is no such model as Inspiron 503.

Get a cheap USB flash drive and download the drivers to it.

Then install CHIPSET   then Network Card Drivers.

Inspiron 530

Inspiron 530s

Drivers for Inspiron 530

View the full details here

Click here for all drivers (including historical drivers)

Quick Links

Drivers for Inspiron 530s

View the full details here

Click here for all drivers (including historical drivers)

Quick Links

2 Posts

June 17th, 2014 02:00

I have the same problem I can't log on to the  internet. I'm using my laptop

2 Posts

June 17th, 2014 02:00

I have the same problem I can't log on to the  internet. I'm using my laptop and it has a error 814

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

June 18th, 2014 09:00

'Error 814

The underlying Ethernet connectivity required for the broadband connection was not found. Please install and enable the Ethernet adapter on your computer via the Network Connections folder before attempting this connection. '

NIC driver corrupt or missing. Please reinstall the driver for your network adapter. The driver could be on the disks that came with your system.

If you do not have the NIC driver on disk, please refer to the following suggestions to troubleshoot this issue.

Suggestions 1: Restore Drivers to Previous Version

==========================

1.Click to open Device Manager.

2.If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Allow.

3.Double-click the category containing your device driver, and then double-click the name of the device you want to restore to a previous driver version.

4.Click the Driver tab, and then click Roll Back Driver.

Note: If there's no previous version of the driver software installed for the selected device, the Roll Back Driver button will be unavailable.

If the issue still persists, please go to suggestion 2.

Suggestion 2: System Restore

==========================

Note: If you have some important documents or files which were created after the restore point, please copy them to My Documents. By doing this, even if you back the system up to the initial status, the documents will be saved in My Documents.

To restore your system to a previous state, we can use the following steps:

1. Before you start, please close all open files and close all open programs.

2. Click "Start"; click "Programs or All Programs"; click "Accessories"; click "System Tools"; and click "System Restore". The System Restore user interface should appear.

3. Select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" and click "Next".

4. From the restore points available, select an appropriate restore point when your system was working correctly and click "Next".

5. Click "Next" again. The restore process will run and your system will restart automatically.

6. After restarting, check whether your system functions correctly now. If not, you can undo your last restoration or select another restore point in the System Restore user interface.

For more information:

What is System Restore?

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/9f6d755a-74bb-4a7d-a625-d762dd8e79e51033.mspx

No Events found!