Highlighted
frank_techie
1 Copper

Error 8602 Auxiliary Device Failure

Hi. Name's Frank. I'm a Help Desk Agent with a big headache.

I've got a Dell Optiplex GX1 giving me an error I have never seen before. I did some research and know it's related to the Mouse and/or Keyboard. Though, I don't know what's wrong. I've got this PC set up on a 4-port switch, and the wires I use on the switch are brand new. I've tested them on about 20 Dells (Gx1 up to Gx240)
and they have never given me problems. Niether have my mouse and keyboard.
(Both keyboard and mouse are Dell)

Does anyone know what is wrong?

-=Frank=-

0 Kudos
27 Replies

RE: Error 8602 Auxiliary Device Failure

frank_techie,

Thank you for using the DellTalk Forum.

Try another mouse on the system to see if that gets rid of the error.The 8602 is a mouse error.

0 Kudos
DRDR21
1 Copper

Re: RE: Error 8602 Auxiliary Device Failure

Hi, I am having the same problems that Frank had with the switch.  When I change the mouse an KB, the PC still does not work.  I have tried with many switches already, and I got the same result. I have Dell servers connected to a switch, and they work fine. It seems to be a Dell Optiflex problem. Something related to impedances.  Is there any way to correct this problem?.

" Frank's . I've got this PC set up on a 4-port switch, and the wires I use on the switch are brand new. I've tested them on about 20 Dells (Gx1 up to Gx240)
(Both keyboard and mouse are Dell)"

DR.

Hi. Name's Frank. I'm a Help Desk Agent with a big headache.

I've got a Dell Optiplex GX1 giving me an error I have never seen before. I did some research and know it's related to the Mouse and/or Keyboard. Though, I don't know what's wrong. I've got this PC set up on a 4-port switch, and the wires I use on the switch are brand new. I've tested them on about 20 Dells (Gx1 up to Gx240)
(Both keyboard and mouse are Dell)

Does anyone know what is wrong?

-=Frank=-

0 Kudos
Im2Old
1 Copper

Greetings -

Same problem over here. Error 8602 Auxiliary Device Failure. I have Dell keyboard and mouse. However, I am not networked. Where do I go from here?
0 Kudos
neorush
1 Copper

Re: Error 8602 Auxiliary Device Failure

This error is normally caused by the devices being plugged into the wrong ports, i.e. the mouse is plugged into the keyboard port and the keyboard is plugged into the mouse port, if your using a switcher you can see how this could easily happen.

-neorush

0 Kudos

Frank_techie,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Try bypassing the switches and plug the mouse directly into the back of the machine to see if that works, If not, the port may be bad. If it does work you may want to check the switch.

0 Kudos
gcb0
1 Copper

Hi all,

I have the same problem, except that my keyboard works only in the bios. As soon as windows takes over, the keyboard stops working. can anyone please help with this problem. I have already read and tried the suggestions in the forum, but nothing works. Any new suggestions please. I am running an OptiPlex GX240. Please help. This is very frustrating.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Chris623
1 Copper

Jesse L,

I am having the same problem on my Demension, and like lile Frank Techie, it started when I hooked a 4 port router to it.  I know that the keyboard and mouse are hooked up correctly.  Furthermore, I disagree that it is a bad port because that would be awefully co-incidental that both mine and Frans ports went bad when we hooked up routers.  Please advise.

Message Edited by Chris623 on 09-26-2003 07:57 AM

Message Edited by Chris623 on 09-26-2003 08:02 AM

0 Kudos
MEL72
1 Copper

Hi there,  saw your problem and i'm experiencing the same thing on a Dell inspiron 600m going through a switch and port replicator.  port replicator works with a mouse connected directly to it but not through the switch.   i just setup this laptop.  i have 2 of them with the same issue.

Has dell given you a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
RadCon17
1 Copper

Hi i have a Dell Optiflex GX 110
0 Kudos