Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2012 08:00

Existence is Futile...

somethings wrong i cant register i was in OS forum mainly because i needed a windows disk i cant register but heres a quick rundown

1.) called dell support try to register system,

4 times i was told okay you got the reciept we'll contact wal mart get a transfer of ownership np ...next day um same thing.... (ehrm will my warranty be okay???)

1 time and most recently after getting elevated support was told I needed to get my order number from QVC the home shopping ntwork and that my systems  upon going to transfer ownership page i find my machine registered like everyday type tells me that it is registered but this time its out of country...nice -_- 

YES I HAVE THE RECEIPT! i have the box too it says NOTHING!

2.) i emailed support to be told over and over nope you got the wrong service tag and a tutorial on how to locate the security tag (i included photos of my service tag to no avail)

They eventually ignore me outright.

3.)  dell suport center software has a cool function ; it reads my tag and gets the drivers specific to this machines tag and it alone..... (i been wondering who" {}" was.... ive been having sxs installs from i got a phantom processor..... and CIMV2) MY WINDOWS KEEPS DEGRADING IVE INSTALLED IT 40x+ then the disk broke) plastic plus desert = brittle (most dvds i own have a hairline crack from inner circle  reguardless of playability)

4.) i dont need a link to register plz it says i have, global transfer well i bought it in BAKERSFIELD, CALIFORNIA somehow though other things DO read differently, QUESTION!?!?!?!?!? have i been recieving foreign drivers that arent compliant to FCC code? i tried numerous ways to register theres obviously something wrong here... like a flaw in the system i begged for warranty, for windows 7 and driver disks .....5 MINUTES OF TEAMSHARE WILL TELL ANYONE IM NOT DUMB OR MISTAKEN OR LYING 50 minutes too if my service tag is invalid why cant i post it???? IT HARDLY MATTERS AT THIS POINT!!! try yourself to register it (all hostility aside hey if your a moderator i'll give it you can doublecheck it i got no prob with that)

PLZ BEFORE YOU POST TO ME THE REGISTRATION LINK THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS--->https://www.onlineregister.com/dell/?c=US&l=EN<----OR IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE WORDS I TYPE MAYBE THESE SCREEN SHOTS CAN BE YOUR FRIEND!!!!

<-----WEIRD DRIVERS idk i have nothing in pci slots and how many ports does my machine physically have?????

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<------Dell datasafe backup patch failing.....(yes its a dell)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<------see how in folders I'm in desktop and yet...notice my desktop???!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<--- a tribute to registration and my service tag  (cmon now LOOK)

im not often short fused but wow i didnt get what i paid for either a batch meant for mexico stayed in the states and went to wal mart, someone hacked me and/or took a picture of my PC;s order number located ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX before it went home with me cuz they heard free windows 7, with order number (which kinda means it was sold before it was bought and wal mart unkowingly sold me stolen goods), or no one cares... I'm actua;y going to call wal mart sure its old but like i said i did not get what i paid for flat out and that friends is a crime. whether or not wal mart wants to prosicute the guy who robbed me/them and got my system registered to themselves....

21 Posts

April 1st, 2012 08:00

2 and 1/2 years old btw its an inspiron 546s

14.4K Posts

April 1st, 2012 09:00

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 1st, 2012 09:00

Welcome back Subrectre,

I really have no idea what's going on with the registration thing. Let me see if I can get you some help with that.

Regarding drivers, let me suggest you search by model, NOT SERVICE TAG!!!!!!! Obviously, you've know for some time there is a problem with your service tag, so if you continue to search by service tag, you will continue to have problems.

Comprende?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 1st, 2012 14:00

He's trying that but gets a message the service tag is already registered.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 1st, 2012 22:00

Subrectre,

Send me a Private Message (click my username, click Send Message) with the following data so I can look into this -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Service Tag number:
Order number:
Date purchased from Walmart:

By the way, I cannot get those pictures to open. I cannot read the data on them.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 2nd, 2012 09:00

Personally I would scan the box and Scan the Receipt and Email PDF's to Dell And have them tell me that I'm not the owner.

21 Posts

April 2nd, 2012 19:00

Radical ty all ...you know defogger identified a myriad of phony drives  and f8 took me to cls y/n? ecjo y/n? @echo y/n? timeout=10 y/n? and numerous otherquestions...another strange thing i'd found reading java was i have an f10 startup key that takes me to winload.exe and reads offset 13989------- i dont remember off hand... do you know if this is normal? or how to complete the f8 questionaire...(it seems circular)

21 Posts

April 2nd, 2012 19:00

and to chris tyvm will do...they were everyday png files to me...this concerns me whether or not i'm spitting malware images...ty

@Osprey ty will do to and gl

@dave...your 1st post up there's blank just looks like:

Posted by Davet50

replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 9:41 AM

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card

Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

Did this answer your question? Yes

PoorPoorFairFairAverageAverageGoodGoodExcellentExcellent

Report Abuse

to me....

No Events found!